BlueVoda away from own computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueVoda away from own computer

As I very often travel and also sometimes have spare moments at work, it would be handy to have BlueVoda available at multiple computers so that I can work on pages from work or from public computers (during travel), store the finished pages in .html format and save them to a CD ROM to upload them to the web when I am back home.

Now I have made a few pages with BlueVoda while at work, then emailed the .html pages from my work address to my home email address. Back home I could find the files in my mailbox (for example gerrithomepage.html) but when trying to open them my computer said they could not properly display or read the file.

Is there any way to work on BlueVoda from other computers than my own, store the newly made pages in .html format and then upload them to my site when I am back home? I would love to be able to do this, but somewhat fear that the files may be irreadable again when I try to display and upload them from my home computer.
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: BlueVoda away from own computer

Originally posted by gerrit View Post
    As I very often travel and also sometimes have spare moments at work, it would be handy to have BlueVoda available at multiple computers so that I can work on pages from work or from public computers (during travel), store the finished pages in .html format and save them to a CD ROM to upload them to the web when I am back home.

Now I have made a few pages with BlueVoda while at work, then emailed the .html pages from my work address to my home email address. Back home I could find the files in my mailbox (for example gerrithomepage.html) but when trying to open them my computer said they could not properly display or read the file.

Is there any way to work on BlueVoda from other computers than my own, store the newly made pages in .html format and then upload them to my site when I am back home? I would love to be able to do this, but somewhat fear that the files may be irreadable again when I try to display and upload them from my home computer.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, you can't just open these files. You need the BV program to open them up in.

It's not impossible to have the web builder on several PC's and carry a disc around with you to make changes... just extremely awkward! As firstly each pc will be searching for the images in different locations, and so you would have to reload all the images again every time you made any additions to your pages, and secondly, building a site on several PC's with different size screens will cause complications and imperfections in how your site is layed out.

Before I gave up my full time job as a coach driver, I used to take a lap top with me on the coach and use it to build my sites whilst my passengers were off the coach, but I gave up on this after two days as building on a laptop produced different layout results than my home PC and was conflicting. So moving from one machine to another meant I had to readjust everything before I could continue.

Also, If I were your boss, not sure I'd be happy about you making your site at work .. don't get the sack!!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You have to import them as html if you save them as html. If you save them as bvp in their natural format and open them with bv, you should just have to readd the images etc. and could be done. It should maintain the page properties tho, size etc. You would also have to save all your images on that disc or computer as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I build on my laptop, I build on my desktop ...blue voda is on both and when I build something on one computer I simply email the .bvp file to my other computer and replace it on that computer when I get to it .. this way you will have the most current and up to date pages on both or as many computers as you like, all of the time ..

If you put the image files for the website on both computers you will have access to them easily enough .. as for the blue voda images that are created when you use shapes, you can choose to preview and save them as an image right in your image files, just rename them, reinsert them and then send them with the image pack for one computer to the other ..

I have never had any issues with having to realign the pages, everything stays in place, this is not related to what you view on your screen from one computer to another .. if you keep your pages at the '800 width, you will not have any difficulties with viewing resolutions from computer to computer .. the pages do not change just because you are using a different computer ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I did have an extremely old laptop.. I think it came out of an old Spitfire!!.

Maybe this was just an issue with my particular machinery at the time then and I am happy to withdraw my comment above.

Thinking about it, I did blow the main fuseboard for the coach whilst using it...
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

OK. Well, what I did was making a few pages at work (during the break, so my boss would not complain ;)) and then once done I saved all pages I made as (name of page).html

I then sent these files as attachments to my Yahoo account that I check from home. But once home, I opened the .html files in my Yahoo and they couldn't display. I was worried the pages were gone and that all my work was for nothing, but apparently this is not the case?

It is important for me to be able to send the pages from one computer to another (by email) and be able to read them:
            - this allows me to work on my pages from any computer and upload them to the webspace once I am home.

- also I wanted to make a backup of the website once it is totally done. For this backup I thought of simply downloading all .html files from my webspace to my USB stick (using FTP) but if I cannot open the .html files I cannot use the backup of course. But I guess this can be solved by also putting the BlueVoda .exe file on the USB stick, so that if I ever need the backup I can put BlueVoda on the PC again prior to opening the backed-up files on the memory stick?

OK, I installed BlueVoda both at home and on work computer and made a few pages during the break of my work. I saved them in .html format and once in .bvp format. I then emailed them to my home address.

When arrived home, I downloaded the files from my mailbox to my desktop. I noticed the .html files could not be opened with BlueVoda (opening existing page) but the .bvp files could be opened without any problem.

Is this normal?

And is this the right way to be able to work on the website from both home and other computers?
            "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Comment

Working...
            X