Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attech Problem with Ad on Domain ... help

Here is the issues....

1. I did my add on in add on domain thing its there no problem. Question .It asked me for a password. Is that password some new or I have to use the same. If I use a new password, Do I have to use that password to publish in to this new domain. Howdoes it work... No clear step for this.

Aonther problem is when I save the page in my computer... I already have another Index page in my computer. That was in Destop. So saved this new page in Mydocument. Upto that part is ok. Now hwen i open it it goes back comon BV folder and have problem with error mesage and open it it goes to my old Index page.

Some body please post a clear way step by step from add on domain all the way to publish.

Also How you edit this pages in HTML in BV?

Re: Attech Problem with Ad on Domain ... help

With regards to the password issue this is entirely your choice.

Personally, I tend to stick with the same password per each account and it's addon domains, mainly because when I publish a site or an ammendment I don't need to keep looking for what password goes with each site. I merely just change the folder I am publishing to.

Why are you saving your index page to your desktop? All files should save into your BV document within your 'My documents' file.

When creating an addon domain, simply create a new folder within your BV folder and call it that domain name. Then place each index file into it's correct folder.

To publish an addon domain, presuming you HAVE created the same password>>>

Publish IP Address: Same as main account
    Username: same as main account
    Password: same as main account
    Folder: public_html/youraddondomain
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I don't ever use the password that I create when adding on a domain

I publish to all of my domains via the one password that is sent to me from voda host, whether or not you change this or not, this password will publish to all of your domains.

Create a folder on your computer in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA by the name of your new add on domain .. save all files in that folder

You will need an index page for this domain as well.

ALL SMALL LETTERS on your page names, no spaces unless joined together by the use of the _ underscore symbol ..

This prevents overwriting any other pages you may have by the same name

When you publish you may have to add the .com or whatever your extension is to the end of the domain name ..

e.g. public_html/nameofaddondomain.com

or you may not have to use the extension, you will know by trying or you may have noticed when you added on the domain ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok here is the Problem....

I tried to save addd on domain to the same BV folder 1. I already have an index folder fo my original website. Now I am saving again the name as index, It is going to replace the old file . I dont want to loose my old index file. Now listen again .. I did saved it one time and it changed my orginal index file. So I need a clear solution please... I am sorry if I missunderstood you. But give me step by step by considering I already have a file named index in my BV folder. Thnaks Waiting for.....

Comment

You must put a new folder (named with the add on domain name) inside your BlueVoda folder. You will save all add on domain files there. That will keep you from overwriting/replaceing files from your original domain name.
          Should you ever create another domain you will need to then add another folder inside the BlueVoda folder/directory.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X