subdomain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subdomain name

Ok..I made a subdomain name and uploaded a page that I created in bluevodo. I have linked to an icon on my index page. But when I click on the icon i get this page...
    Index of /costumes
    Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.screamsunlimited.com Port 80what did i do wrong?..thanks

Re: subdomain name

Originally posted by batt255 View Post
    Ok..I made a subdomain name and uploaded a page that I created in bluevodo. I have linked to an icon on my index page. But when I click on the icon i get this page...
    Index of /costumesApache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.screamsunlimited.com Port 80what did i do wrong?..thanks
    What icon on your home page? what is the link on this Icon?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

the icon is the costume tombstone. the link is as follows http://www.screamsunlimited.com/costumes but it does not work. I also see the sub dir. costumes in my control panel but when I click on it it does not have my page "costumes.html " no pics or anything. I have tried to upload it to the dir. but again no files in the sub dir. thanks

Comment

You are totally messed up here: if you want a sub-domain (which is the same as having a totally different website as your Primary website/Primary account) it would look like this - www ScreamsCostumes.ScreamsUnlimited.com or, the simpler www Costumes.ScreamsUnlimited.com

An add-on domain uses another domain name completely, and functions just like another account -- www ScreamsUnlimitedCostumes.com

IF you have created a sub-directory (not domain -- for whatever reason) it is not properly configured, for even as a subdomain, that is not how you create a link (refer to sub-domain example above).

And, even if you publish to this new directory, just as you do your Primary, for every Add-on, and even Sub-Domain, you must publish an index page to each. This is what you have not done....create and publish an index (or root page) for the directory to "front" and present.
        > You cannot create "directories" simply by adding a "/" to links without following publishing protocol and page heirarchy.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Let's Clear This Up!

Got timed out, and lost tech-tight edits (freaking broadband and auto-starting MSN-IM).

If may also be very possible you completely missed how to link pages within a single Primary website ...... for instance if you simply want a page called Costumes in ScreamsUnlimited.com, and you have properly saved it as "costumes" and published it to the regular public_HTML/ directory (not adding anything there, see?), then you link would look like this: www screamsunlimited.com/costumes.html ..... right?

Point is, before we go any further (and I am surprised it was not picked up on earlier), please let us know if you prefer to have a single website or multiple websites, so we can then fix the setup accordingly or clue you in to the right method of publishing (and linking) according to your preference.

Comment

ok, SO how would you keep all the pic organized?..I'm going to have lots of pages within my web site and I will have 100's of pics. Which I will swap out weekly when stock levels go down. How do you keep the products pics organazied?..if they all go to public_html dir. thanks :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              Point is, before we go any further (and I am surprised it was not picked up on earlier), please let us know if you prefer to have a single website or multiple websites, so we can then fix the setup accordingly or clue you in to the right method of publishing (and linking) according to your preference.
              And the answer is???

Originally posted by batt255 View Post
              ok, SO how would you keep all the pic organized?..I'm going to have lots of pages within my web site and I will have 100's of pics. Which I will swap out weekly when stock levels go down. How do you keep the products pics organazied?..if they all go to public_html dir. thanks :)
              New "issue" without finishing the old?
              It's unclear (still) if you are talking about a single site, multiple sites, sites built using Blue Voda, or another foundation (such as a shopping cart, CMS, etc.), for all have different means of self-organizing the pictures and elements published.

Whatever.
              > If you are using Blue Voda, simply let it "file" the images without interference, as you will need to not only maintain the associations/paths to each, but they willall be conveniently in one images folder.
              > If you are using a cart like osCommerce or Zen, they have their own methond of loading images and product images, since the foundation itself is database-driven .... and common logic allows you to have many more images "available" in the images folder than corresponding products: since the cart calls up images to specific products and descriptions, you need to make sure that for every product you list that indeed you do have a picture, but it is not necessary to have a product description for every picture on file (this makes it easier to always add the product back into your lineup later, or to resume offering it easily by maintaining the product files only).
              The storage allowances per each VodaHost account allow you to not be concerned with how many pictures are stored either in a directory or a database! Whatever program you are using will automatically track and organize images, so your question is obtuse entirely since the only "issue" is how they are stored on your computer so you can manage things on your end!

You need to be clearer when describing your "issues" if you wish any useful assistance, and to answer or respond to the posts made specifically to eliminate confusion caused by the lack of actionable information: answer simple when asked, in the order asked, and to describe any difficulties encountered when performing suggested resolutions!

It seems you are very confused about the processes and methods commonly followed (most likely from ecclectically collecting "tips and tricks" out of the context of experience or first-hand practice). Don't over-think or fall into the trap of complicating things prior to trying them just as detailed in the Tutorials. And please....if you do run into a snag, be forthcoming with details and answers, at least as a courtesy!

Comment

Working...
              X