font question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• font question

I built my website in bluevoda and I had put some different Fonts for some text or word. BUT......... Wen I go to my site on my cumputer I can see the good fonts but.......... Wen I go to my site with my friend or any different cumputer Its just the normal fonts not the fonts I put

Can someone can resolve my problem plzzz.
    Thanks

Loyal Raph
    www.loyalraph.com

Re: Help Help Now! Plzz (text Problem)

only use the default web friendly fonts..Your friend probably did not have these font on his computer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Commander LadyEye gave this tip:

Click on your text with the particular fonts. In the pop-up window check the .gif promt. Your text will become a "live" image.

In my experience this does the thing but the text image appers a bit distorted-strange. This might not be so on a guest-computer.

Let me know the result.

Gabor
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

just a word of caution, and correct me if i'm wrong anybody but now you're starting to fall in to the follies of flash, converting your beloved fonts into .gif format renders them unusable for search engines. so a word to the wise, unless it's a major logo on your site or an unimportant amount of text then convert them, otherwise stay within the safe confines of your web friendly fonts.

-cheers

Comment

ps. on really small fonts use pixel fonts, they're great for the tiny policies, copyright, date texts. for a sample look at the "Join date" text, that is a pixel font.

- :)

Comment

Sorry to interupt here, but just a note to say "canuckeh" is a great name and, man, your site animation is brilliant!

Tom
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Let's stay with canuckeh's advise! (Yes, Tom, I agree, too)

Gabor
              www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Gabor ...

Yes, this is what I told you in this thread about your fonts, how to use and where to use ...

Yes, this is what happens with fonts .. you need to adhere to those compatible to all viewers .. this will help you ..
                A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.

You can apply text as images on your webpage, but be certain you don't compromise any keyword or important text on your page. You can do so directly in the webbuilder by selecting the text that you would like to appear in your preferred font type, select that text, then right click and tick publish as a .gif ..

General LadyEye

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, General...

Can you take a peek at my homepage, whereas I .gif-ed the headline-text. On my screen it' got stardust sprinkled on it...
                  www.gabor-music.com

I wonder what'd happened if I create that text in "logo"?

Or - and this would cost me precious bytes - turn some of my important headlining text images into jpeg?

(I got involved in this thread because it relates to my own and the Forum
                  is about sharing knowledge.

Not to mention that I enjoy chatting with you - and I lost the track at my own thread.)

I'm getting outta here...

At your command,

Gabor
                  www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Re: font question

Another way you can use fancy fonts & get everyone to see them is to put them into a photoshop image. Ofcourse images usually open up slower than text, so be careful if it is something you need customer to read quickly.
                    www.dinkdy.info
                    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                    www.thegemlovers.com
                    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
                    X