• Show
Clear All
  • Phoenixc
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Website Width Question

Hi All

I managed to create my website and publish it on www.kandogamers.com

But I am having problems with the width of the page. Now I used my laptop to create the website and my screen size "15.4 but when people look at my site on laptops with bigger screens or on an LCD, PC screen a big white empty space appears on the right hand side

Since this does not show on my laptop I do not know how to judge the space. I have my width set on 500, I tried changing it to 1000 and the same thing happened on other screens (a big white empty space)

How can I change this so that it fills the whole screen no matter what the resolution? or do I need to change the width size to a certain point? im guessing it needs to be at 100% bbut what number on the website builder is that?

regards
    www.igamewell.com
  • DCOFFICESERVICES
    Special Status

• Oct 2007

Re: Website Width Problem

Hello

All you have to do (All I do anyway) is to open your pages in BV, right click an empty bit of the page, select page properties and click the 'centre in browser' check box and publish. Do this to all your pages.

Kind regards

Darren

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
      Special Status

• Oct 2007

PS. it won't fill the whole space as it depends on how wide you made your pages. It will however give you equal amounts of white space on each side if you are using a wide monitor.

Regards

Darren

Comment

• canuckeh
        Sergeant

• Apr 2008

took a look at the site and i see what you mean. i have a 19" lcd and there is a white gap on the right side. when you set up your site the default setting i believe is to align everything to the left, right click on your background and select page properties, at the bottom you'll see a radio button below the character set options, it says "Center in Browser". if you check this option your site will be loaded in the middle of the browser horizontally. you will now end up with less of a gap but the same amount of spacing on both sides of your page on bigger displays because it's divided in half.

-cheers
        *anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

Thats how I do it!

Darren

Comment

• Phoenixc
            Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Hi Darren, Canuckeh

I think I did try that and thought it looked rubbish so alligned it left again, but I will give it another go and center them all, but I might need to change my template so.

Thanks for the tips :)

cheers

Ciaran
            www.igamewell.com

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

In BlueVoda select "View" and check the following:

"Ruler" and "Grid" so you can view both while you are designing.

Center you pages between 100 and 900 and you will be safe.

As for the white background you can always fill it with colour or
              a background image by selecting your preference in properties.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Phoenixc
                Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Hi Zuriatman

Thanks for the advice, I tried your idea last night but am not sure about the 100 by 900? do mean 100 width or height?

I tried a few other things also, I centered the page with a res of 700 and 1000 and the result was the white gap on the right disapeard and there was a white gab on the left insted haha! nightmare. So i have just put it back to the way it was (to the right)

So if anybody has an idea of how I can make this look slightly better i.e get rid of a lot of white space please let me know.

cheers,

Ciaran
                www.igamewell.com

Comment

• LadyEye
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Ciaran

It's best to build your pages at the '800 width, the length can vary .. Tick center in browser and apply a background color to your page if you like by right clicking and choosing page properties ..

Begin your building at the top left of the website builder and keep all elements placed on the page within this width ..

This will center your website, with equal amounts of background on both sides of your website and without sideways scroll for anyone, on any computer ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X