cyrillic characters: help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyrillic characters: help needed

I tries to uses cyrillic characters for my web site. However, despite I have set the right character set (european cyrillic in "page properties"), no effect when I preview the page (only erratic characters apprear)..
    Please help

thanks in advance

Re: cyrillic characters: help needed

Hi franhu
    Place a text box on page..click on it.. go to the insert tab on top of the web builder.. to symbol... maybe there is some thing in there you can use
    Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Thank you; however, the proposed symbols are very poor, and there is no cyrillic.
      The tutorial proposes this:
      "To use other languages in BlueVoda besides English, please follow
      the below instructions.

1) Right click on the page to launch the page properties editor.
      2) Enter the character set of your language in the filed as shown below.
      3) Click OK."
      This is not working! why?
      many thanks in advance for further help

christian

Comment

I have tried utf-8 , windows-1251 and ISO 8859-5, nothing works... Is there a browser problem?
        It's a pity because I spent a lot of time to build my site, till I tried to translate in russian...

Comment

Hi Franhu
          I’m not that familiar with using different character sets. But I do know that you can paste a Word document onto the page using a text box. If your computer is set up to compose in a foreign language then it should be doable. Also look at a past Forum Thread about this very subject here.
          Hope That Helps … Doug

Comment

You need to also set the cyrillic as font to use for NON UNICODE programs in your own computer (not in BlueVoda, in your own computer control panel)

However, the upcoming version of BV is Unicode, so it will automatically accept all languages as long as they are included in the UTF-8 standard.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

many thanks, it was helpful!

christian

Comment

Working...
              X