Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal BuyNow Button - how to use?

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the paypal buy now button, although the video was Quite helpful, but not enough for a person who doesn't understand anything about this stuff...... ;)

So, when you choose the buy now-button,
    firstly, in details,
    1. What's the item id number? It was said it's optional, but I'd like to know what is it and how to get it, can I just make up some if I want, when the product is mine? Is it more "professional" if there is an id-number?

Then in shipping
    2. Even though I don't have anything to ship, just to download digital items, can I anyway check the "require shipping information" (Address I assume?), and "allow customer note" boxes?

Then the urls - here's the most "difficult" part for me....

3. What's "successful payment url"?
    Is it THE webpage to where the buyer gets returned automatically after making a successful payment in paypal, to get a "thank you" note, AND the product he/she bought?

--> Because this is what I would need. I would need the buyer to be automatically returned from paypal after the successful payment directly to the web page where he can download the products he bought. (as I mentioned I have downloads to sell, big e-library of various of things, the buyer gets it all with the one payment)

--> If this "successful payment url" in the urls-section is only for the thank you for your payment -note, how do I then get the buyer automatically returned to the download page after making the payment?

Or, if this is the case, do I add a link into this thank you page then, forwarding to the download page?

4. What's the "cancel payment url"?
    I assume I will make a simple page, which has some kind of message saying that there was a payment failure or? And the customer gets returned to that page automatically if he failed with the payment?

Then, two more questions..

5. Does this buy now button- work exactly like in any other web pages out there, which have paypal buy now button, so that it directs securily to the paypal pages, and makes sure that the payment goes to the right place, to me that is...?
    Funny question, I know.... ;) I am just trying to figure it out how it goes in my mind based on my experience....

6. Is this button exactly the same than you get from Paypal's seller's tools? Is it secure to use?
    So that nobody cannot "steal" anything from any source codes of the pages etc? I've heard that is possible too.

If you help me with these, thank you so much!

Then I will be able to set up my own payment system for the first time, just to test one special offer I am working with now....!

Re: Paypal BuyNow Button - how to use?

hi kilia

item id number... you need a item number so you will know what your customer has paid for. it will show when you look at paypal!

shipping... i think you could just set shipping to £0 then it will not charge your customer. but you would get all there info when they paid for the item anyway.

successful payment url... whould be a thank you page you have made in bv ie thank you for your purches or what ever you like to put.

cancel payment url... make a page like for the thank you page but name it cancel. put on page ie your payment was canceled.

directs securily to the paypal pages... YES

Is it secure to use.. YES

you also need to look at paypal its self.
    you will have to set some things up in there also.

hope this helps
    adele

note you will only be able to add one item to the cart useing buy it now button you then would have to pay for that item...

useing add to cart button will let your customer add as many as they like.
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

Thanks!

There was still something....

What settings do I need to do in Paypal?

And is the customer automatically returned to the thank you page after the payment? Or do I need to do some settings to that function too..?

Comment

hi kilia
        you will need to go look at your paypal account to set up your successful payment url... cancel payment url.. shipping and so on!

if you like you can go to my web site. go to buy something, but cancel it.. you should be taken to the cancelled page. LOOK at the url at the top.. it my help you to understand what you need to do.
        the url will be the same for your thank you page ie
        mine is ( for cancelled ) http://www.little-butterfly.co.uk/cancelled.html?
        Organic Baby
        www.little-butterfly.co.uk
        Please review my site: Thank You :)
        www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

Working...
        X