• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breezagirl
    Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Re: Page length too long when page is published

Thanks Dave! Now if only someone can show me how I can change that in my HTML box?

Laura

Comment

• judavvforum
      Major

• Nov 2007

Well, I'm a bit surprised that someone hasn't jumped in on this; since we know the problem area!

Anyway, here's what I would do, first. If the box around your article is a "shape", rather than a table cell; I would delete it and recreate it around the existing text. IF it is a table cell; I believe you will have to "copy" the text first, then delete the table. Then, paste your text back to the page and then create the shape around it.

Make sure the page is long enough to handle all the text, then shorten it after doing all the previous steps.

Now, I'll bet you pasted your text into that area from a word processor,(MS Word, etc). The embedded formatting in Word might be doing something strange to the page! If the above doesn't succeed; you might want to take the time to recreate your article using the BV text box tool!

Hope this helps! Hope to someday learn more about the html coding terms!

Comment

• breezagirl
        Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Regarding:

Now, I'll bet you pasted your text into that area from a word processor,(MS Word, etc). The embedded formatting in Word might be doing something strange to the page! If the above doesn't succeed; you might want to take the time to recreate your article using the BV text box tool!

Hope this helps! Hope to someday learn more about the html coding terms![/quote]

Yes, I did use MS word to write my articles and then copied and pasted it, simply because I can use the grammar and spell check. Since this is a writer's site it's imperative the text be error free. Is there any way I can spell check if I create my text directly in the text box?

Laura

Comment

• judavvforum
          Major

• Nov 2007

Laura
          The current version does not spell check, however there is a new version (BV10) out that has that feature. I don't know if it can check grammer, though. If you want to experiment with it; keep in mind that it will open current versions of BV web pages, BUT, if you make changes and SAVE the web page in BV10; you will no longer be able to open that page in the current BV version!! So download BV10 into a seperate folder and keep saved pages in a folder seperate from current BV version.

You might also experiment with the "OLE object" tool. It inserts MS Word document into the page area and double clicking that area opens Word so that you can edit the text. It will take a little experimenting to get the proper fit, (margins, etc).

Check here for more info on BV10. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...-features.html

Comment

• Tom Finley
            Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Laura

The new version 10 has a spell checker under "Tools." Just highlight the text you want checked. It'll check as you type, as well.

Tom

EDIT: Dave beat me to it!
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• breezagirl
              Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
              Laura

The new version 10 has a spell checker under "Tools." Just highlight the text you want checked. It'll check as you type, as well.

Tom

EDIT: Dave beat me to it!
              Tom, what ifI use Google docs which uses a WYSIWYG editor? Would this formatting affect my BV pages? I also looked at Notepad but it doesn't come with a spell check.

Laura

Comment

• Tom Finley
                Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Hi, Laura

I'm an author, too. As you know, publishers prefer Word, so that's what I use to type manuscripts as a habit. What I'd do if I wanted a longish article on my website would be to write it in Word (spellchecking it there), copy it to Notepad (that strips out all formatting and hidden coding), copy that to my text box in BV, then use BV to do any text formatting such as bold or color. That's about as foolproof as it gets.

Best wishes,

Tom
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• breezagirl
                  Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Tom,

That sounds like a great solution! Thanks.

Laura

Comment

Working...
                  X