• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul008
    Corporal

• Apr 2008

Shape Background Issues

Hi,
    My Client ID is 23892 and my domain is 008automotive.com.

I published my pages to Vodahost last evening. My pages consist of a header section, then a shape below that which has a gradient background. The rectangular shape on each page has a different colour gradient. On publishing the pages the shape backgrounds are ALL the same colour. I have checked the colours and re-published. On doing that ALL the shapes on every page change to the same colour. This problem is only on the shapes. The page background itsself stays correct.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks.
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Shape Background Issues

Hi Paul,
    They should be different colors. Try refreshing your browser. The problem may be there... Doug

Comment

• Paul008
      Corporal

• Apr 2008

Thanks Doug,

I have tried refreshing the browser after publishing the page several times. It isn't making a difference. Do you have any idea as to why all the pages change to the same colour scheme? Seems very bizarre.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, would be best to post the page url. But it sounds like you have cut & pasted from one page to another & possible altered the 1st pages image.?????
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Paul008
          Corporal

• Apr 2008

The url is : www.008automotive.com/bmw_offers.html (as an example) It happens on all the pages of this layout. When I built the pages I used the same pages but saved under a new page name. Could this cause it? I imported a new header and changed the gradient on the shape background then re-saved.

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, yes this will be the problem. If you want to do this, try saving your 1st page & then clone a new page or make the 1st one that you saved a template.

Good luck.
            PS. watch out for your page widths. You have many of them at 1250'ish & 800 to a 1000 would be better & would get rid of the sideways scrolling.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Paul008
              Corporal

• Apr 2008

Thanks Chris, is there an easy way to do this or is it a case of re-building each page?...Be gentle please
              thanks
              Paul.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

It might be easier. Usually best to set a page up at 800-1000 wide & about 6-800 long as a standard page. Then make a 8-1500 long version of the page. But naturally what ever may be best for you. With this you can then have 2 templates or pages to clone when you want a new one. So make up a page with a side area & header placing all you want in these area's leaving the center area plain/blank. Save this page as a template.
                Now when you want a new page, click on File>New Page>From Template.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X