Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engine keeps bringing up a default page as my home page

Hi

I hope someone can help ? Basically what has happened is that I have had numerous emails from people telling me that my page has moved. I have been on it all day and have had no problems at all but no suddenly it seemed to have turned into a totally different page - saying
    welcome to thelittlefavourboxcompany default halifax t mobile etc and then list differnt links. I have tried numerous times to go to my homepage
    but I am getting the same ????????

the homepage is

can anyone out there please shed some light as to what has happened or what I can do? I have downloaded the new vwersion of BV hoping that this would help but it hasn't !

Muchlies thanks in advance
    Regards
    :)
    Karen
    www.thelittlefavourboxcompany.com
    www.urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com

Re: Search engine keeps bringing up a default page as my home page

seems like somehow you have changed the name of your home page go to file - save as- and type in index - all small letters nothing else then publish hope it works for you
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi Ann

I have tried that and this does not seem to work at all ? There should be no reason for the homepage name to have been changed at all as I have not even been into BV since yesterday and the website was working fine all day as I have been in a few times dealing with clients - so bizzare that this can change like this by itself - a bit freaky lol
      Thanks for your help

Regards
      Karen

Comment

In the two months I've been here at VH I've seen this same thing happen a half-dozen times, with the same photo of that girl, etc. Unhappily, no one has ever posted a solution, I don't think. Be sure that domain name is all paid up (submit a service request to whatever company you purchased it from). That's the only thing I can think of.

Tom

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you resolved this elsewhere.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom

Many thanks :) It was all down to me at end of day I over looked paying my subs :( Have paid now and hopefully all up and running again !
          Must make a note this time !!!

Many thanks again take care
          Karen

Comment

Karen...your text overlaps right down the bottom of the homepage.

Sharon
            www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

Hi Sharon

Thanks muchly for that :)

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                In the two months I've been here at VH I've seen this same thing happen a half-dozen times, with the same photo of that girl, etc. Unhappily, no one has ever posted a solution, I don't think. Be sure that domain name is all paid up (submit a service request to whatever company you purchased it from). That's the only thing I can think of.

Tom

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you resolved this elsewhere.
                Hi .. that same photo of that girl is on a standard domain holding page, meaning your domain has expired, needs renewing or you have not yet created a website on it on your own voda servers .. LOL .. That girl gets around .. LOL .. and I've seen this solution written lots of times, all over this board ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey

Long time no speak. Yea it certainly seems as though she does ! lol
                  Yes it was all down to me being a doughnut and forgot that I had been sent reminder for renewal ! Anyway all cool now as I have sorted it and all good and back up running again and doing business !

Thanks again
                  take care
                  Karen

Comment

Hey Karen .. nice to see you too .. glad you got it all sorted, I had noticed you had .. you rolling with those late nights again I see .. lol ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X