• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vermont4You
    Corporal

• Jun 2007

Help with displaying text and images in bluevoda

Hi all. I'm having a problem displaying things correctly. I'm using bluevoda v.10, and when I create a page with images and type it displays correctly in IE, FF, and Opera but when I view it in Safari there is all sorts of spacing problems.

More info:

I thought the problem might be that there is an overlap between the bounding box with type and the bounding box for images and this was causing the problem. However, there is no overlaping at all.

Then I thought it might be the way the fonts are displaying. The other issue I have and I'm not sure if this is related to the problem or not, but when I set the font size in bluevoda text, I notice that the font size is not the same as I specified in BlueVodai n both IE and Safari for which I have checked so far.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • Meanderer
    Major

• Aug 2007

Re: Help with displaying text and images in bluevoda

Can't help you myself on above info but you'd best come back with a link to your site so people can get a visual.

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

If you are using web friendly fonts, setting your page margin to '800 or no wider than '1000, building top and left of your page, all that remains is tweaking for viewing in your choice browsers. I find FF tends to drop the text down a bit compared to IE, I don't use Safari so you will again be trying to tweak for viewing in that browser .. it's mainly your text, your images stay intact .. watch your text, and always add a space or two at the end of the line in a text box ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vermont4You
        Corporal

• Jun 2007

HI. Thanks for responding.
        Go to www.foamlaminates.com/energy_star.html .
        On that page scroll down to the image header: Benefits of Energy Star.
        Just before that image header is the spacing issue I am talking about. It displays okay in IE, FF, Opera, but Safari puts a larger space that looks a bit unsightly. If this was the only place it did it, that would be fine, but it happens a lot in the site.
        Thanks again for responding. :)

Comment

Working...
        X