• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vermont4You
    Corporal

• Jun 2007

Problem with Spacing in Safari and Opera

Okay, I think I know what is going on with the spacing issue.

For some reason, Safari isn't rendering the exact text size or line spacing as it is specified in bluevoda. Which ever one is the culprit, it is causing the type to be much more compact then when displayed in IE, FF, and Opera. I am also using Web Friendly font: Arial 10pt. I have noticed that this spacing issue persists when different fonts are used and the problem switches to different browsers.

The Problem:
    I think the problem is that the type and images are being positioned absolutely, so when the text is rendered more compactly in Safari, the images below it are still positioned absolutely and so this leaves a gap between text and images.

Why is Safari rendering a web friendly font like Arial differently? Is this a problem with bluevoda, me, Safari, everyone? LOL

The solution?
    1. Is there a way in bluevoda to specifiy a group of images, text, etc. relative to one another so when there is a difference in font rendering, we can prevent these unsighlty gaps?

2. Is there away to get Bluevoda to Safari to render Arial exactly in Safari?

I have noticed Opera has this rendering issue as well, but to a far lesser extent and I would consider it forgivable, but Safari leaves pretty unsightly gaps.

It seems it would be useful to position elements on a page relative to each other like you can in css and html. I think this would be a useful feature to have in bluevoda, and it might fix all spacing problems between browsers.

BTW, I'm not knocking bluevoda, I think it is a great program and I use it everyday, I just wish I could get images and text to align better.
Working...
X