• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghghgh19
    Private First Class

• May 2008

creating a personal account for each member

once my users log into my site is there a way that i can create a personal account for them.

with my site the members will be uploading their own files to the site. Is there a way that i can create a personal account for each member so each time they log into the site they can see their own information and which files they've uploaded and stuff. Just for them
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: creating a personal account for each member

You are describing a scripted function, one that would be core to the very foundation of the site --- seen most often in shopping carts where customers can log in, see past purchases/invoices, check on status, etc.

Other foundations such as a CMS or dynamic build also have these types of User Profiles and accessibility parameters built in, but not with the ability to review past purchases (downloads, for many carts are downloaded product enabled), shipment status, etc.

I suggest you look at a simple and robust web desiging tool that has an eCommerce script like what you are looking for already built in, as seen in Soholaunch. You can "retard" the regular shopping functions or enable them according to will, but Soholaunch offers you the versatile "web-building" aspect the others do not.

Soholaunch is offered Free with every VodaHost Account, and may be easily installed with just a few clicks of the mouse via Fantastico! in the account's Control Panel.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ghghgh19
      Private First Class

• May 2008

thanks

but i've already set up the site with BlueVoda. Is there a script or something i can use like a form to do what i want.

Or is it possible to set up the site in Soholaunch and then link it to my original site that was made in BlueVoda??????????

Please reply soon

Comment

• Iwonder
        Corporal

• Jun 2008

I also would like to know how to create accounts for new users,
        im a newbie and im not to sure what soholounch is, can it let new users to my site create their own personal page?

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Iwonder View Post
          I also would like to know how to create accounts for new users,
          im a newbie and im not to sure what soholounch is, can it let new users to my site create their own personal page?
          I believe that Soholaunch, as is, will not allow new users to create their own account, selecting their own usernames / passwords. You need to create these details yourself, and let them know.

I also believe that Karen Mac, has posted some months ago that there is an addon for this purpose, though i don't remember if that is a paid for or a free one. BUT that's only for creating the first part, which is the Login account.

For BlueVoda there are different scripts that will allow you to do do this.
          from free ones, which you can fond on the net , to paid ones.

Among the solutions offered by members of this forum:

Logger Lite Low cost, FULLY customizable with BlueVoda

Customized Logger Database driven, delivered ALREADY customized, and with addons like PayPal payment

Login Script by Watdaflip, allows your users to create their own account (login details) to a password protected directory in your site

All of the above will allow your users to create a log in account. However, ONLY Customized Logger, to my knowledge, has already an addon that will allow your users to create their own page (based on a template, and with the info that they have entered during the registration process)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Iwonder
            Corporal

• Jun 2008

Thank you so much im still trying to login into my sohoadmin...lol im learning, i don't think iv been send that password and user name yet.

Comment

• Iwonder
              Corporal

• Jun 2008

ok i have decided not to go with soho, im wanting to create a website for bands and rating and voting, do you think bluevoda is the best for this?
              Molly

Comment

Working...
              X