• Jul 2006

Re: Image/Graphics Distortion After Publishing

The original domain is www.electromaze.co.uk

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, its one of two things? The add on domain hasn't been added correctly or you havnt configured the hot link correctly. I would opt for the 1st as click on this link below & then look at the address bar.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Jahman
        Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hey Chris! This is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. The only thing missing from yours above is the shape: bv01149.png - the one that Dave referred to above. That's the main shape upon which the whole design and texts rest. What you see here [the purple checks] is the background of the site.
        I'll go back and check the add-on domain configuration and I'll let you know.
        Thank you.
        Bless

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, it is there http://www.electromaze.co.uk/attract...fo/bv01149.png

I get the impression you have named the add on domain incorrectly as you have the .info in the link.
          But have a look at the add on domain tutorial.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Jahman
            Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

The link is not working Chris. It says it is "Forbidden"

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Something must of changed, as it was a image of a white rectangle with boarder & shadow.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Jahman
                Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

You are very correct. I have not touched anything there. But thanks Chris. I'll first properly check the config and get back to you.

Comment

• judavvforum
                  Major

• Nov 2007

Jahman
                  I think Chris has got you on the right track now! I just wanted to "unconfuse" you about the image question!

Any images or shapes that you insert onto your site page as you build it, will be uploaded automatically when you publish the page. However, if you link to an image that is not physically on the page,(such as linking thumbnails to full sized images), then you will have to FTP (upload) those full sized images to that domain's folder.
                  Last edited by judavvforum; 05-15-2008, 04:34 PM. Reason: added words

Comment

• Jahman
                    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thanks Dave. I went to the control panel and checked out the images. They are all there, though when I tried to open them, a window appeared with this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /attractyourman.info/bv01149.png on this server.
                    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.electromaze.co.uk Port 80

The permissions for the domain were set at 644 by default, except
                    for cgi-bin, which was set at 755. I then set the permissions at 755 and later 744. But none of that worked

As per the add on domain issue Chris, I checked that too and everything seems to be OK. The .info was automatically added on tab down [in add on window]. Hence I published to
                    public_html/attractyourman.info, though it used to be in the format: public_html/attractyourman. I have also tried publishing to the later, but I get a “Publish Failed: General exception” window.

I really appreciate all your efforts to help. Unfortunately we haven't gotten it right yet. I still hope that somebody will come up with the answer. I am very willing and ready to try anything.
                    Thank you
                    Bless

Comment

Working...
                    X