Text Linking Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Linking Problems

I am new at blue voda, and I've been putting together my pages. I have watched the tutorial over like 10 times and I cannot get text to hyperlink!

My page is at: www.mcgilartist.com

On the left side you'll see underlined in blue: makeup, beauty, glamor, weddings

I've highlited the text, clicked on the "hyperlink" button, put the correct link in and it doesn't show up as a link when I publish it! Why?

If you click on the "film work" button at the bottom and scroll all the way down, you see I've tried to link someone else's website, and again, it shows up as not linked when I publish.

What is going on? I can link images without a problem! This is very frustrating!
    Rebie
    www.mcgilartist.com

Re: Text Linking Problems

Did you use an absolute link:

and not:
    www.yoursite.com/page.html
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

It looks like either you have saved this text as an image or covered it over with a transparent shape.

Right click on your text, then go to properties and if ticked.. untick the publish as an image box.

whilst I am here... you are making your site far too wide... bring it down to around 940 wide or so to remove the sidewards scroll .
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

All the links are working now. One suggestion, your pages are too wide for standard monitors you might want to resize them. Also when you click on one of the photos it opens a new page but you navigate normally within it, causing multiple windows open of the same page. I would have them all open within the same page, your links do.

Ed
        Last edited by D'son; 05-20-2008, 01:08 AM. Reason: forgot my web site
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you for the information ... I published it as an image.

But now I have a new problem ... I did that because I wanted to keep a certain type font. When I publish my fonts it defaults to bland microsoft. How do I capture interesting fonts and still keep it linked?
          Rebie
          www.mcgilartist.com

Comment

Hey Rebie

In another post you asked about Search Engines locating your site. Keywords are a key factor for your site being found and ranked.

I see you have a lot of singular keywords.ie Burns, this is a word I would search for if I wanted treatment for burns!!!!! You should consider using phrases, one per page of content and develop the content around it. ie Special Effects Makeup Artist etc etc. Phrases that are related to your industry.You will need to research a bit to find keywords that are less competative but still get a reasonable search volume.

Hope this helps
            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X