Can I add a hyper link to a navigation bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I add a hyper link to a navigation bar

Hi I'm trying to link pages to my home page through my navigation bar. Is it possible to do?

Thanx Chris
    Semper fi....

Re: Can I add a hyper link to a navigation bar

Hi Chris

Yes you can. A navigation bar should be a common element on all your pages. Each button/text link should have an address url so it knows where to go when clicked. Where it goes is up to you. So it can be your home page or your contact page and so on..

Regards
    Darren

Comment

Thanx Darren

I tried to link my home page to a second page i created with BV but it did not link it gave me an message saying

" This link has been disabled.
      BlueVoda has generated HTML for the current page only and as a result all internal links are disabled.
      To enable these links be sure to publish all referenced pages to your website and specify their absolute URLs in the link properties."

I tried to test the link by previewing the page when i finished setting up the link and it gave me that error so if you can tell me what i need to do to create a proper link with the navigation bar from a primary page to a secondary page I would really appreciate it

Thanx Chris
      Semper fi....

Comment

Hi Tiger,

Quote: " I tried to link my home page to a second page i created with BV but it did not link it gave me an message saying"

Check out this thread:

Hyperlink to. a second page
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,

You see i want to link on of my navigator bars buttons to a second page i created but i did it as the turorial said and it did not give me the desired results.

Do you maybe know what i did wrong or where the error could occured?
          Semper fi....

Comment

Tiger,

Post your url so members can check it out where you have gone wrong?

Q. Did you create the menu with another software or did you use BV?
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Menu by meaning? both web pages i created i used BV and were should i post my url im still busy creating the page have not bought domain name yet so its not available on the net, its only on my comp's harddrive at the moment?
              Semper fi....

Comment

Hi Chris. You are probably doing everything correctly but its not until you publish your pages will the links work as expected.

Regards
                Darren

Comment

O okay that explains a lot lol... Thanx Darren. So one question since i'm a newbie and all if i publish it in the public folder on vodahost do i need to pay the domain name fee's and packages and all?

Thanx Chris
                  Semper fi....

Comment

Yes Chris as soon as you are ready sign up with VH http://www.vodahost.com/

You can buy domain names here as well.

As soon as you have your welcome email with your log-in credentials, you are then able to publish.

Regards

Darren

Comment

oh okay thanx darren i must have missed that part lol i have signed up with vodahost so i'll publish my stuff a bit later on first want to finish everything up before i publish even if it takes me a few weeks lol

thanx Chris
                      Semper fi....

Comment

Re: testing navigation bars by previewing.

Hi Daren,

It seems that you may have answered my question. I created two pages using Voda and named them index and product and saved them on a folder on my computer. Then created a navigation bar with two items "Home" and "Products" and defined the links to these items to appropriate files on the computer. Then, previewed Home page and tried to move to the Products page and the browser looked in the "Temporaty Files" folder and came up with a message that it couldnot find the files.

So, if I understand you correctly, I cannot verify that all links work properly till I publish the whole site. Since the site will have several pages, it would be nice to check it out on my computer before publishing the site. Would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

cheers

ranga
                        Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
                        Hi Chris. You are probably doing everything correctly but its not until you publish your pages will the links work as expected.

Regards
                        Darren

Comment

Hi Chris & ranga,

You can verify that your link is there on the page you designed
                          by previewing your page in your browser [IE or Firefox] by pointing
                          your cursor at the link, the link will turn into the **** of a hand.

You cannot however view your link in action until you publish your page
                          to your server, which requires a hosting account.
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          State of Johor.

Comment

thanks zuriatman. it would be nice to be able to verify the links before uploading the site, but I suppose that is the way it is.

cheers

ranga

Comment

Working...
                            X