• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj-santiago
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

help with blank page please

Hi all, can anyone help me here.
    After using the new form wizard on one of my pages, my page no longer opens up a new BLANK page, instead it replaces the page that it's on.
    I tried the "target = blank" command "inside body" tag, but to no avail.
    Someone please help as i would like the music page to remain open incase
    viewers are watching the videos.

regards
    DJ-Santiago

www.wexforddj.com
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: help with blank page please

Did you set the link properties to " _blank " ?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• dj-santiago
      First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

sorry tel, i don't know what you mean. where do i "set the blank link" in the form wizard?

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

In the box that pops up to edit the link there is a area that says target click the arrow for the drop down menu and select blank.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• dj-santiago
          First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

sorry, still baffled here. in the "form properties" box?

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by dj-santiago View Post
            sorry, still baffled here. in the "form properties" box?

www.wexforddj.com
            Would be better if you gave us a link to the page that you have a problem with, but by the sounds of it, you want a page to open up in a seperate browser window right?

If so, highlight the link to that page, then click on the link icon in the menu bar, as if you were going to add a link. a couple of fields under the link field is a field called 'target' change this to read _blank, republish.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

when you link this page you have a dropdown menu available that says _blank, _self,_top, etc... you have to choose the _blank option, save it and republish it. i see that you have saved this page as a php extension and I'm not sure if the linkage is the same as saved as a html page. Naval is the php guru here and perhaps he can step in for you and advise, but for now try the above.
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• dj-santiago
                First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

ok. if you look at my page

on the bottom left there is a submission form(done with form wizard)
                in this form wizard, I see none of target-blank-dropdown-menu type things at all. Yes the page is published under *.PHP but that is what the wizard did. I want the page to link to a "thank you page" http://wexforddj.com/action2.html in a new browser(i was advised to publish this page as a simple *.html file). Hey it was long but simple before I used the wizard. but i'm stuck now!! help!!

dj-santiago

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

ok. if you look at my page

on the bottom left there is a submission form(done with form wizard)
                  in this form wizard, I see none of target-blank-dropdown-menu type things at all. Yes the page is published under *.PHP but that is what the wizard did. I want the page to link to a "thank you page" http://wexforddj.com/action2.html in a new browser(i was advised to publish this page as a simple *.html file). Hey it was long but simple before I used the wizard. but i'm stuck now!! help!!

dj-santiago
                  www.wexforddj.com
                  I see no form on the bottom left, but i do see one on the right so i take it this is the form you mean.

Now... to put it politely.. what the hell are you on about a target of blank page for?????? Forms don't have target's as such??? People should fill your form in and then get taken to a 'form received - thank you' style page or similar... is that what you want it to do?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• dj-santiago
                    First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

oh alright, sorry for not knowing my right from my left (gets complicated sometimes!). ok here is the situation.
                    I do know how to link to new pages in a new browser. OK! done it before.

This problem only arose when I used the NEW FORM WIZARD(with me so far?)
                    However from the thread replies i'm getting, nobody is actually showing me how to implement this on the "NEW form wizard" (if it's possible at all)
                    if you look at step 4 of 4 of the wizard , i'm guessing you need to put in something in the "URL success" section. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way, i just don't know.

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

• Marincky
                      General

• Apr 2006

oh alright, sorry for not knowing my right from my left (gets complicated sometimes!). ok here is the situation.
                      I do know how to link to new pages in a new browser. OK! done it before.

This problem only arose when I used the NEW FORM WIZARD(with me so far?)
                      However from the thread replies i'm getting, nobody is actually showing me how to implement this on the "NEW form wizard" (if it's possible at all)
                      if you look at step 4 of 4 of the wizard , i'm guessing you need to put in something in the "URL success" section. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way, i just don't know.

www.wexforddj.com
                      You have totally lost me sorry....

Have a look at this though, hopefully this will answer your questions.

Comment

• dj-santiago
                        First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

ok I'll take that as a "You don't know" then. hehe!!
                        just kiddin, thanks anyway.

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

• dj-santiago
                          First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

signori Navaldesign, can you help?

Comment

• dj-santiago
                            First Sergeant

• Feb 2008

i'll put it another way!

On my form page, when the send/submit button is pressed by the user, the new page does not open up in new browser as i would like.

I cannot see any "_blank" options anywhere using the NEW form wizard.

Is this clearer? or do i need to find a wall to bang my head on?

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

• Marincky
                              General

• Apr 2006

Re: i'll put it another way!

On my form page, when the send/submit button is pressed by the user, the new page does not open up in new browser as i would like.

I cannot see any "_blank" options anywhere using the NEW form wizard.

Is this clearer? or do i need to find a wall to bang my head on?

www.wexforddj.com
                              I will find you a wall!!!!

you WON'T find a _blank option.. you never have been able to or probably ever will...

Go through the whole wizard.. ignore the part you want to do for now.....

then once you have made the form and it is on the page, go into the properties, you will see a field saying action I believe... type in there what you want to happen, i.e. action.php if you want it to go to a page called action where you thank the enquirer etc etc.

Although I do believe with the new BV version there are other otpions available now, but if, like me you still prefer this way, this is how I do it...

and I have done it over 30 times..

Comment

Working...
                              X