• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wazza
    Private

• May 2008

Help me get started

Dear BV Support Officers,

Congratulations on a great product - I have played with BV and it seems great. However, I am not sure if I should be using BV or Soholaunch as the web site builder and would appreciate some advice. I have set up a home page and found that I can't seem to do what I want to do with tables and forms. I think maybe I need the table data in a database to set up and maintain the data.
    What I am trying to do is set up my site with a table of training courses. I want visitors to be able to select a course and link to a description page - easy that bit. I also want visitors to be able to select a specific course date within the table (there will be multiple dates per course set up in a table) and link to a booking form. I alos want to be able to regularly update the course dates in the table which will look like a rolling calendar.
    OK I can link to a booking form but I want the booking form to contain the date text from the first form. That is I want the booking form to have variable text information written by the web site from one table to a table/form. Can I do that with your advanced forms processor or do I need something else?

Secondly, I will be replacing an existing web site which obviously needs to remain running until I get the new site running and so is it possible to set up a host account in a test mode before turning it on with the target URL?

Thanks for your help.

Wazza
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Help me get started

Hi,

1. There is no test mode available. You will have to buy a VH hosting account.

2. Once you have an account with VH you can redirect your present
    web site to your VH servers without an loss to your current site.

2.1 Once you have a hosting account you can install php training courses
    by installing Moodle via Fantastico Deluxe from your cPanel.

3. For training courses choose BlueVoda. Bv is much more flexible
    than Soho.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Wazza
      Private

• May 2008

Re: Help me get started

Thanks Colonel,

I will do as you suggest and kick off an account.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X