Letting original web address run out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting original web address run out

Hi everyone, I plan on doing another website for a different product so cannot use original domain name as they have nothing to do with the other. If I set the new as a subdomain and let the original run out (which will be Nov) will this affect anything? Can I just continue as normal without having to change all sorts of unknown things?

Thanks heaps, Leanne

Re: Letting original web address run out

Hi Leanne,

You have to register a new Domain Name and not a sub-domain.
    The new Domain will be added to your account as an Add-On Domain to your present hosting account.

You can allow your old domain name to lapse without renewing or paying your annual fees and that wil be the end of it.

However you will need to inform VodaHost to change to your new Domain Name as the main domain for your servers and login to cPanel.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Leanne,

A subdomain would be www.subdomain.myorginaldomain.com. Is this what you want? And when the original expires...then what? Just pop in a support ticket to have you account set for the domain name you intend to use so that this will not become an issue for you. :)
      Karen Williams
      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
        Hi Leanne,

A subdomain would be www.subdomain.myorginaldomain.com. Is this what you want? And when the original expires...then what? Just pop in a support ticket to have you account set for the domain name you intend to use so that this will not become an issue for you. :)

Thanks Karen, sorry I am not too cluey with this sort of stuff, as you can tell :)
        So you are saying have my subdomain up which it will be before November this year and then send a support ticket and inform them that I wish to continue my subdomain and not the current main one?? will they be able to modify things or will it be more involved on my behalf??

Thanks for your response :)

Leanne

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          Hi Leanne,

You have to register a new Domain Name and not a sub-domain.
          The new Domain will be added to your account as an Add-On Domain to your present hosting account.

You can allow your old domain name to lapse without renewing or paying your annual fees and that wil be the end of it.

However you will need to inform VodaHost to change to your new Domain Name as the main domain for your servers and login to cPanel.
          Yep will definitely get the new domain name - I was just concerned that everything will disappear with the 2nd one not being the main one and once the old one runs out it may muck things up. Obviously this is not the case? So do a subdomain and then tell vodahost that when main runs out I want the subdomain to take over, Yeah??? No???? Sorry I know this sounds very dumb!
          Saw your note on the man in the tub doing the dishes lol

Comment

Hi Leanne,

Maybe you should consider using a "Neutral domain name" instead of naming your new domain name for a specific product.

[example: "willows.com"]

This way you can use your website for any number of products. The index page or homepage becomes a "Landing Portal" to display all the different business you are conducting.

Your current website can also be incorporated into your new domain and you do not have to move the files, just republish your pages with the new page links.

Your migration will be only from your old domain name to your new domain name.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X