Info of / instead of the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info of / instead of the site

After I publish the site, instead of getting to look at it, I get a screen that shows a list of what's on it. I can access the index page from there, but that's not what it should be. www.klventuresllc.com

Thanks!

Re: Info of / instead of the site

you named your index page wrong...click below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sharon
      I watched the tutorial mentioned by VodaHost above, but it did leave a little bit of "read between the line" areas! BV Newbies, like myself have a little trouble "reading between the line in the beginning!

Anyway, VodaHost is correct; you need to name your index page, (index, no capital letters!) So make the "I" a small "i" and you will be off & running!

Also, the tutorial shows to save your page as "index.bvp"....not true!
      You save your page as "index" without the .bvp. The BV builder automaticall adds that .bvp for you!

Good luck

Comment

I watched the tutorial mentioned by VodaHost above, but it did leave a little bit of "read between the line" areas!
        What part was not clear? All suggestions are most welcome

Also, the tutorial shows to save your page as "index.bvp"....not true!
        Actually it works both ways.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you! I had the site up last week, but was playing with a form -- which I haven't accomplished yet (more in a minute). I swear (incorrectly, it seems) that I checked that cap letter a number of times. Thanks so much!

Now, if you have any info on forms, I'd be grateful. Everytime I make a form (with the form wizard or not) when I send the file up I get html code all over the top of the page. Do you know what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks!
          Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
            What part was not clear? All suggestions are most welcome .
            Yes, I'll explain. The focus of this question was the naming of the "index" page. While, everytime the tutorial mentioned the index page, it showed the word "index" in small letters; it did not emphasize the importance of making that word all small letters. If it had done that; I'm betting there would be many fewer questions like this one on this forum.

Of course, we who have been through the process many times; see this as an insignificant problem; but to a newbie it can be a mountain that if left unexplained; could present the wrong impression of BV.

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
            Actually it works both ways.
            In this case; if it had been made clear that "saving as" index or index.bvp would work either way, (in the tutorial!); we wouldn't have to be having this conversation, because I would already have learned that from the tutorial.

In my many years as a problem solver and trainer; I learned that when passing on information of a subject that the student has not experienced before; it is to my advantage to be very specific in my instructions! Otherwise my student will either make costly mistakes later OR he/she will keep me busy answering questions that I should have covered in the first place.

Hope this answers your question about my response.

Comment

Working...
            X