Reciprocal links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciprocal links?

How do I place reciprocal links on my pages?

(Found no tutorials...)

Thanks.
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: Reciprocal links?

A reciprocal link is one that you place on your "link" page to another site that is in the same genre as yours and that person/webmaster puts a link on his site to you.
    Text links are preferable for SEO.
    www.usmc-trw.com/links.php
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thanks, Terry...

You mean just simply, mutually, write in the link?...

(Actually, I guess, it can be placed anywhere?. . Like, I'm writing stories and when a reference/connection comes up, voila' there should be a link... Besides on the links page).

(Great site, Terry!)

Thank you, again.

Gabor
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

That's it !!!

Thanks
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Hi,

A word of caution.

Text links also drain away visitors from your website.
          Link only if it is beneficial for your site!
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Also, outgoing links on your home page "drain away" more page rank than if it is on other pages! (So I'm told by the Gurus!)

Comment

Why would text links "drain" your site?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                A word of caution.
                Text links also drain away visitors from your website.
                Link only if it is beneficial for your site!
                Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                Also, outgoing links on your home page "drain away" more page rank than if it is on other pages! (So I'm told by the Gurus!)
                Terry's question is the one to focus on here, for there seems to be much confusion about web design standards, strategies, link values, etc. Maybe I can clarify things a bit.....

Reciprocol Link Strategy is but one part of a well-thought web design, and has value beyond the typical first-glance most Users "understand" (typically, thought of a means to boost traffic or far-flung Relevance). Reciprocol Links should be selected with care (demonstrable "value" contribution based on true Relevance and Site/Page Rank), administrated regularly (culled if not performing or congruent with your page values or content evolution), and properly rotated or placed within your site to maximize the potential from each. This is a careful application of a greater overall understanding of building webs within compliance to the Perfect Page model and details of manual optimization (something that is clearly mish-moshed above).

Simply put, valid reciprocol links (qualified by rank and relevance) are best implemented on interior pages rich with complimentary Content (demonstrates Relevancy, see?) and are not simply "outbound" links to another Index page, but to an interior page within another site --- and that interior page should have corresponding Content that defines the "relationship" or relvancy between the two sites. You certainly do not want visitors bouncing off your site to another's before they get a chance to drill in and possibly convert to a customer, do you? Thus, preserve the purpose of tghe "index" page as that of the proper Intro page it needs be......but mentioning something that it "drains" value from a site is ridiculous entirely: the practice may be picked up on as a non-compliant build technique, or the bots may read non-entered interior pages as "suspect" based on the site abandonment ratio, but that is all!

> For example, You have a S H O E selling site, and the other guy has a "fashions and accessories" site.....the best reciprocol link would be illustrated as one placed on your "Tennis S h o e s" page which links to his interior page that has "Colored or Themed S h o e Laces" --- not simply to his Main/Index page.
                * This is also very specifically trackable via your Stats utility, as you can see which specific web site/page the traffic was referred from, and this is where you must determine the performance levels you wish to maintain (you only have so much room for links, and either they regularly contribute or not = get some that deliver traffic, not just take up space).

Hopefully, this helps somewhat?

For some reason, the word S H O E S is filtered, so I had to expand it....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

[quote=judavvforum;236676]
                  Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  .....but mentioning something that it "drains" value from a site is ridiculous entirely:...... [/quote]
                  I might add "in your opinion, General, sir" Just as scientists, doctors, anthropologists, astronomers and all sorts of intellects, disagree; so do internet marketing Gurus.

I understand your dissertation on linking, but another "Guru" wrote a manual on SEO and if he recommends not linking to the outside world because it "drains" more of your page's page rank; then I'm going to err on the side of caution and take his advice.
                  Forum Decorum allows for opinions to vary, but when referring to specific resources as if more import should be given, citing those resources helps make the distinction between opinions, postulation, and speculation all the more clear and allows others to formulate their own values to the information accordingly!

Comment

Sorry folks....I had a response, (as you can see from Vasili's last reply), but I deleted it because the entire content was not posting! There was an entire paragraph that was cut off even after editing!

Mr. General, I will look up that resource and post it here in this thread. That should satisfy your "implication" that I may have been postulating.

Comment

Settle down, Dave! It is justy a very good example of how wise it is to provide resources (or 'context') when sharing technical tidbits with your peers!

And now that you too mention it, it does seem like there is quite a bit of lag time between posts, or "drops" since the Forums got their new features....

Comment

Because of copyright restriction I cannot offer a direct link to the manual, (ebook),from my site; but you can download it from the same site that I got it from.

It is a free download, so hopefully the forum won't block this link!

Comment

Thank you all, Folks and Big Brains!

Since it's me (again) who (inadvertantly) started all this ruckus, let me cash in by interpreting the high-fly on a basic, practical level. (Thus demonstrating my level of comprehension and perhaps assist others interested in the subject)

My site is not about merchandise, it's a creative site, it's not selling anything but me, my thoughts, and such, intangible material. (For now, at least...)

So:
                          Though it's mostly music, I also write (mostly in an autobiographical mode) and, when I get to the page that features these "writes", at some point I'd insert a link, leading specifically to an inside page of a site which already features my writings - and has my URL posted there, too.
                          Ideally, I should have two reciprocal links with this (BIG) site (sixtiescity.com); one echange of the main URLs, and another that would lead lead to each others' inside pages, where the actual reference material is residing. It appears that this would be of a great benefit to my site. Since the subject material and content is truly connected and de facto reciprocal it should result in an increase of visits to both sides (but more so to mine).

Thank you all, again, for the assistance. All of it.
                          I'll use it.

Gabor
                          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Working...
                          X