BV 10 contact pg made, BV9 still loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV 10 contact pg made, BV9 still loads

I created an entirely new contact form in BV10 (gave it a new name as well), deleted the version 9 from my folder, published new page, but the old one comes up in the browser when the "contact" button is hit. I have renamed the "contact" button on the navigation bar on all pages. Why is the old contact page coming up and how do I correct the problem?
    Authority Resources Organizing--helping you straighten up...and fly LIGHT!
    Visit
    authorityresources.com

Re: BV 10 contact pg made, BV9 still loads

CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

also, Fire Fox Seems to cache pages a lot, make sure to press the refresh button, don't just click on the URL and press enter.
      -Zachary
      www.pebblecrossing.com
      Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Hi

Use your Blue Ftp and login.
        Goto "public_html" find the old page and delete it.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Great idea!
          -Zachary
          www.pebblecrossing.com
          Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

My URL is authorityresources.com (client # 25353). I have confirmed that all pages are correctly named, gone through process of closing and reopening my browser (as well as trying things in a different browser), applied CCleaner, deleted old files from my cPanel, added "no cache" html to all pages, re-saved and republished all. Now the contact page does not come up at all. The following error code comes up when I try to go to the contact page:

Not Found

The requested URL /contact.html was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at authorityresources.com Port 80

Further, (A) after adding "no cache" html code to my pages, when updates are made they look normal in my folder, but when I switch to review mode and view them in the browser they appear as if I had cut and pasted ON TOP of the old version, as an overlay, or the changes simply don't show up.

(B) Some viewers state that they must scroll back and forth from side to side to view the entire page width. My page width is set at 1500. Do I need to make it narrower to accommodate various systems or is it simply a matter of the viewers' individual computer settings?

(C) Some viewers (myself included, on Internet Explorer, but NOT on Firefox) have noted a distortion, heavy dark shadowing, around my "Authority Resources" page header letters.

(D) I posted this same message yesterday afternoon as a new thread but am unable to find it today. Where did it go?
            Visit
            authorityresources.com

Comment

Just commenting on a couple things here:

When you make a new contact page, why would you give it a new name? Just redo the page and publish.

As to the scroll - most people will not have their computers set to a resolution of 1500 - I suggest you make the pages no more than 1000 wide. There will still be scroll on the ones who still use an 800 resolution, but you'll be covering most of the people.

Your message didn't go anywhere - it's right here :) You may have originally posted in the wrong room and it was moved?
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Here is your other thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ill-loads.html

However, your "contact" page simply doesn't exist. Probably a typing mistake. Connect with FTP to your site and search it.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I renamed the contact page because when I created it in BV10 I used the "contact1" form and followed what I observed on the tutorial.

When I go to my cPanel, ftp files (public_html), the contact form is in the list. Does it still not exist?

I'm still stuck with this major problem: What do I do about any changes I make to my pages becoming just overlays on top of old versions? It just happened again when I changed the page width on my links page.
                  Visit
                  authorityresources.com

Comment

Hi,
                    I have found your contact page.

Note that this is a .php page and your link is to a .html page. (which does not exist)

Not only do you change the page width you must also physically move all elements to reside within the new width.
                    Basically, a redesign.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Thank you very much!! The tip on the contact page link being html was helpful. I also figured out what I was doing wrong patching the "no cache" html code in. I had made changes to all the page elements when I narrowed the page width, but the way I'd patched in that code was probably the source of all my problems with "overlay appearance" on the pages.

My emails are being delivered from my contact page (at least my own tests), but I'm getting the 404 error message about the success page. The contact form tutorial states that "success pages are not automatically generated and you'll have to create one..." I guessed some on how to do so, since I haven't found a tutorial--does one exist? The success page is listed in my cpanel public_html listing, but I've obviously done something wrong configuring it. (I did confirm that I'd saved it as a php.)

Again, thank you for your most recent message--great help! Light at the end of the tunnel growing much larger...
                      Visit
                      authorityresources.com

Comment

The thank you page is a simple BV page with a "Thank you" (or whatever else is the case) message. It is not necessary to be php.
                        Just make sure that you have typed the correct URL in the form Wizard.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Here's the link to my thank_you page. Note that it is php as I am using the single menu method.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Ah, guys...I figured it out before reading your posts, which delights me, and I thank you again for your assistance. It's working beautifully. Yeehaw! (Thank the Lord... He's good--and very, very smart.) :)
                            Visit
                            authorityresources.com

Comment

Working...
                            X