rm files to download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rm files to download

Hello:i plan to put some short videos on my site but i would like to know the way to make it "downloadable" clicking on text, or text and image if possible, i saw the tutorial aalready but doing in that way the media plays when people open the page,i read in other topic that i have to put the complete url, but what if in a moment the files are not any more available, this means they are not gonna work any more on my site, i have the files on my comp too, is there another way to make sure the files been always available....

I hope to get some reactions

Re: rm files to download

Hi, Julia,

Zip the files before you upload them, and then they won't open until people download them to their pc's and them.

You link to the files just the same as you would another page on your site. Choose the text or image you want to act as a link and set the properties accordingly.

Lastly, the files must remain on the server to make them accessible. Having them on your home machine isn't enough, they must be on a web server as well.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for replying, i think they are allreay zipped, but if not, wich free software can i use to do that, i uploaded allreay the files on the site ,but when prewieing it i get a missing pluging message, when i tried to download the plug in, i get another message saying no plugin that match found, i can not play this file in windows media player, because a code problem it plays just in real player, could this be the problem?, i have tried to find wich kind of code is it to instal it, but it is not easy, the file just have the extension rm, is a very short file 60 seconds... some hints please

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
        thanks for replying, i think they are allreay zipped, but if not, wich free software can i use to do that, i uploaded allreay the files on the site ,but when prewieing it i get a missing pluging message, when i tried to download the plug in, i get another message saying no plugin that match found, i can not play this file in windows media player, because a code problem it plays just in real player, could this be the problem?, i have tried to find wich kind of code is it to instal it, but it is not easy, the file just have the extension rm, is a very short file 60 seconds... some hints please
        hello again: i have just fixed the problem and i can play the rm file in media player, and i coul upload it to my site to test it, i downloaded (media player classic) this player seems to lend the codec windows media needs to play the file, but (media classic) requires real player to be uninstaled to be use, he did it automatically, and the real problem i am facing now is that the quality of the video is damaged it plays in the windows media player yes, but the quality is so bad that i can not use that to put on my site, i know this topic does not match here, but i am at a loss some help please.

What can i do to upload the file using real player and not other player, or a way to upload conserving the quality of the video....

Comment

I do not understand so much about this, the file plays perfect in (media player classic), but not in windows media player, is it possible to upload the file with windows media player in BV, but i guess people, must have either (real player) or (mediaplayerclassic) to download and vieuw it, and then the quality is gonna be Ok again, does it work in this way??...any

Any help would be really appreciated..

Comment

Working...
          X