Uploading photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos

I have tried and read the postings about this subject, but I must be missing something. I would like customer's to upload a photo to me. I don't want this photo to be available to anyone except me, I don want it posted on my site. I know the easy way is to have them attach the photo to a email, but I would like them to be able to fill out the order form and on the same form (if possible) upload a photo. Can I use the file uploader, and if so how do you do that and when they upload the photo, where does it go so that I can retrive it. The site is not up and running yet to take orders, but this is a important part of it.

Thanks for the help

Pete

www.PhotoToCanvasCreations.com

Re: Uploading photos

Use the new Built in Form processor, when you create your form, or ABVFP.
    They will automatically upload the photo, they will rename it (for security reasons, because if someone uploads a malicious file he can't find it anymore to execute it), and they mail you the link to the uploaded photo so you can download it.
    ABVFP will also attach the picture to the mail that it will send you with the rest of the info.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I used to form wizard and this is the message I get. Any idea's

Not Found

The requested URL /order.html was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

When using the built in processor, the page is automatically published as php and not html
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, got that, on my index page I changed the url to www.phototocanvascreations.com/order.php The same message comes up.

Pete

Comment

Your "order" page comes up perfectly.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Yes it does, but i cant find the info that is submited, ie. text, and photo. Any idea were it goes? On my other sites when someone submits a order it send me the order to my email.

Pete

PS, thanks for the help!!

Comment

This is what it should also do, if it doesn't it might be a typing mistake (your email address in the form wizard) as well as an issue with your ISP blocing the mal (happens often with yahoo, aol and comcast email addresses). try with an email address in your own domain, and see if the mails get to your webmail, if yes, setup your Outlook Express 8or whatever else you have) to recieve the mails directly in your desktop.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Just use the form wizzard or put the uplode button on your form

Comment

how do i even make pictures come up on my website, i already have these picson my desktop but trying to use image icon but i dont think am getting it pls help

Comment

kennislife,
                      Bad form to interrupt another members thread.
                      Here's your answer.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Working...
                      X