Navigation Bar Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bar Help

Hello, my website is www.own3dstudios.com and recently i decided to re-do my website completely, so i deleted the files in my public.html folder in file manager. i then re-designed my website ans published it. problem is, the navigation does not work. i have deleated it and re-made it (double checking the URLS) in the program several times, as well as re-publisheing all the pages at least twice.

so whats the problem?
    why wont my navigation work?

thanks,
    Danny

Re: Navigation Bar Help

I noticed most of your NavBar links, link to pages that start with a capital letter. Are your pages named with a capital letter? If not, you will need to name the url exactly like the page name published.

Also the NavBar url for "Home" is to (own3dstuios.com/index.html), change to (own3dstudios.com)

Edit: Of course, include the www.
    Last edited by judavvforum; 06-14-2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

well, i did what you siad, and the home link works on bringing me to the same page, but none of the other links work. oh and yes my files are capitalized.
      i'm just confused as to why its not working NOW you know? ive published before, and i am doing it like i always do. =/

Comment

hmm??....is own3dstudios.com your 1st domain you hosted with VodaHost? If so, be sure that you are publishing in public_html.

I don't think it matters that the other pages are capitalized as long as the pages and links match.

I didn't see anything wrong in the NavBar coding, (but then...I'm not an expert)! If I come up with any other thoughts to try; I'll get back to you here.

Comment

yeah its my first domain. yes im publishing to public. the only thing i can think of is i'm now publishing from a different computer.

Comment

Can you find your pages in File Manager? If so, click on the page and in the upper right of the screen you will see the URL for that page (you may have to scroll down in that section to see the URL). That would be what you use for your link.
            When you change a page you do not have to delete it. If you keep the same page name, when you republish the new page it will overwrite the old page. If there are pages with names you do not want to keep using, I wouldn't be too quick to delete them in case there are links to them out there somewhere. I changed some page names and left the old pages but redirected them to the pages with new names. Still get a few hits on them after 3 months.
            Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
            Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
            Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

i see them in the file manager, but they are .php files... what are those?
              how exactly can you see the url?

Comment

Apparently you published your pages in php format. Possibly you have php scripts on the pages and they would need to be in that format.
                So, this is the link url to one of your pages that works;

If you need your pages in php format to work; then you need to change your NavBar links to use the (.php) extension.

Comment

Red Alert.......
                  Sitemap generators usually cannot see/list pages/directories using uppercase letters......
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Thanks Terry....Now we know!

Comment

thanks everyone! i'll be sure to fix everything!

Comment

everythings great! thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                        X