Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo spacing 2 as default?

Good evening.

Before when I used the older version of BlueVoda, the photos that I uploaded were all next to eachother without any gaps or anything.

Now that I use the latest version that just came out, the photo albums appear to have "2" in spacing horizontally as a default. Even though there are no spacing in the BlueVoda program, it appears on my website even though I have the spacing and padding settings to "0"

I also tried to read through the HTML of the entire page, and it sais "0" on everything assosiated with spacing there also.

Why is this happening? There shouldn't be any spacing, but there is anyway.

Thanks.

Dark Side Sith Lord.

Re: Photo spacing 2 as default?

Here's some of the pages that this problem occures in.

All the photos were close to eachother before, but now they all have a horizontal spacing even though everything is set to "0". I need to get them back together.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know fast.

Thanks.

Dark Side Sith Lord.

Comment

Hi, all showing up with no gap at my end in FF & IE. ??
      Would be good to reduce your image sizes as the pages are taking about 30 secs to load.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hmm, strange. There's gaps between all photos here.
        All the photos are compressed from over 1.5mb to about 90kb, so nothing more to do about that. You must use dial-up or something then, I feel for you.

Comment

Hi,

I am on broadband and the wait to download the index page is what you created...you named your images with spaces in the names instead of underscores for the spaces.

Your page takes too long to load for broadband, dsl, whatever...the point is that your customers are on the dinosaur...don't you want their money, too?

I promise you that if you rename your images without spaces that you will have no more "obvious" editing to do with those images. Just remember to republish pages with new image names.

Alot of the loading time is the browser trying to figure out what it's going to do with the file/image/page names that have spaces in the names. I am not good with refering you to a post in forum, but replacing the badly-named images with good images...talking about renaming files... is here somehere in this forum.

http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-c...id-caller.html this link takes over a minute to load.

Just here trying to help. :)
          Last edited by karenwms63; 06-14-2008, 11:08 PM. Reason: misspelling
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

I would also suggest using a slightly...ever so slightly...lighter color on the links for navigation. Good Luck!
            Karen Williams

Comment

I know space in page names can be bad and such, but all photos with space in them get automatically renamed from "Picture - 001" to "picture%20-%20001", so there's not really any space there.

All the photos are compressed and what not, and the link you provided here pops up in a second or two, so perhaps your web might be slow.

I still don't see what the space has to do with the gaps though. My files have always had space in them that will become %20, but there were no gaps between the photos before when I used the older BV program.

Karen - Entered pages are true red, links are true purple and true blue, so no can do there, sorry. That's just the way I want them. They appear bright enough here.

Comment

I made a test page now containing 8 photos with spaceless names, the gaps were there, upload was fast.

I believe there must be an error with the "gallery" of the new BlueVoda program since there are still gaps when gaps are set to "0"

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, I thank them for the new guestbook, it really saved my site from spam.

Comment

Your photos on the album 01 page range from 100 - 300+ kb's.
                  Way too large as you have several on a page.
                  I see no spacing..between...pix....
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

OK, so you may not have named the images with spaces but something has...
                    http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-p...%20-%20002.jpg has spaces in the name.
                    Karen Williams

Comment

Karen - Entered pages are true red, links are true purple and true blue, so no can do there, sorry. That's just the way I want them. They appear bright enough here
                      Sorry, but I was referring to the navigation buttons and they are brown, yellow, green, etc. ...still haven't found the true red, true purple, and true blue that you are talking about. The ones I was referring to are the navigational links on your index page.

OK, so you may not have named the images with spaces but something has...
                      http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-p...%20-%20002.jpg has spaces in the name.
                      Whether or not you put spaces in the names of the images, is not the issue...there are spaces...the browser is showing "%20" for each space.

It is not my intention to argue the point...my intention is to find out why ---if you did not put spaces in image names --- there are spaces. :)
                      Karen Williams

Comment

Strange?
                        I have your pages at...........
                        5510144kb (5.5meg) for http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-c...id-caller.html
                        4623kb (4.5meg) for http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-c...lity-belt.html
                        Even larger is the belt page at over 8 meg.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Those photos are old and uncompressed. See the photo names "Tatooine Inhabitant - Utility Belt - 001" - - The costume is now named Liam Starkiller. Photos will be replaced soon with a new tan even.

All image files have spaces in them, and so friggidy what? That's not what this topic is about. I need to know how to fix those damn gaps, and everyone pops in here to yap about how slow the damn site is - I'm working on it! Also I never said that I didn't have space in my photo names, I said every photo DOES have space in their names, but spaces are converted to %20 anyway, so I don't really see the problem.

The navigation buttons - - These are meant to glow once you get your mouse cursor over them, and are meant to be dark when not being felt up by a cursor. So be it. The site is called The Eternal Darkness.

Yeah the photo albums... SEE!! Uploaded only with the old BV, so no gaps. Everything else uploaded with the new BV, friggin gaps everywhere between the photos! And...bleh, perhaps you would prefer the photos to have the original size of 2.5MB? Or perhaps more photos in a page? ...There are 50 compressed photos in every album, I really don't see what the problem is then.

"Cool, we're at 2008! We have newer options than a modem now! Far out!"

And it's not about spaces or "look how slow and big it is", I just need to know why those damn gaps are there. Look a the photos in "My Photos" - Uploaded with old BV, no gaps - Costume pages, photos uploaded with new BV, horizontal gaps between all photos - Damn.

What to be done about it?

Thanks.

Dark Side Sith Lord. - (Yeah I'm an evil SOB)

Comment

Thank you for replying. I was very curious about the spaces. I am sorry to have soured your mood. I have not yet seen the gaps that you are referring to. The only gaps I see are the ones that separate each row horizontally and they are more like a line or border. I wish I could help you. :)
                            Karen Williams

Comment

That be OK, one appologizes. And it's not you, it's everything else around me. It appears I may be turning more evil...

The gaps I was referring to were infact the gaps that you are referring to, horizontally separating each row.

This is the problem that I need to be fixed, because there are no borders set for the photo albums at all, yet horizontal borders appear on my website once photos are uploaded.

Hopefully someone who works with BlueVoda knows what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
                              X