Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm having great difficulty with spacing and templates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having great difficulty with spacing and templates.

Hi all,

I'm working on my site

but am having a few difficulties.

1) I cannot seem to match the width/height of what I produce on the Voda WBuilder with what appears in my browser (Firefox). Now, this may be a simple matter of my own web-ignorance. Regardless, I'm spending hours trying to get various elements to where I would like them to be and and the "x,y" values and ruler only seem to confound me even more. My main concern is how to somehow unify the settings so that the page will look more or less the same to a VISITOR. And I definitely am aiming to avoid any left/right scrolling.

2) I would like to have what is basically a menu on the side, which would appear on every page, always, as an aid to navigation. I try to save a page as a template and then load it as the background image on a new page, but nothing happens.

I hope someone can help me with this, and I also hope that I've conveyed my difficulties clearly.

The main bug for me is the spacing issue--it's really bugging me!

I already have a plan for my website layout and content, it's just a matter of making the WebBuilder work for me.

-Gwalchmai

(DEFINITELY under construction)

Re: I'm having great difficulty with spacing and templates.

Well, an update. I'm pretty much working things out just by tinkering around, as I would have known I would had a been a bit PATIENT.

Let me put my REAL question now: one user, I forget the name but he had the B.Gen "rank," has a newbie tips site, where he says that a width of 780 (I think) will ensure that NO-ONE has to scroll right/left on your page. Is this true? I would like to know a maximum value for width, to ensure that no-one has to do that; I do not care about scrolling up/down.

Comment

There is a posting in here that says 800x600 is the most widely used screen resolution in the world. I forgot the exact percentage, but it was quite substantial.
      perb31
      perb31
      "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

perb31
        "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

For no scroll for anyone as Vasili said 765-775, so there will be a page background border present.
          And as I said in the Newbie Tips 780.
          Can you build it wider? Sure and many will be able to see it just fine. But, you asked for no scroll for anyone.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Thanks a bunch, both of you. Perhaps I am being a little overboard with this, but I'll work it out in time and with practice; your tips will help.

There aren't enough hours in the day!

Comment

FYI,
              I find it extremely difficult to read the dark red copy. In fact, I can't read it.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X