• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edelweiss
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

PDF format

Hello,
    I would like to place Entry Form for my Golf Tournament on my web site. I have made this from in Word format.
    Does anybody knows how can I convert normal WORD file into PDF file?
    Do I need special program for it?

Many thanks in advance for you help!
    www.vitagolf.org
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: PDF format

One of these freebies should do it.
    pdf995 is the fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. (Win 95, 98, 2000 and Me, NT 4.0 and XP).

Downloaded by 30+ million users. Get Nitro’s PDF converter and quickly convert to PDF from 300+ file types. PrimoPDF - the 100% free PDF creator!
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You can continue to create and produce your Entry Form in Word, Publisher, and even Open Office ... but if you download PDF995 (a free sortware that is a converter/editor) it will allow you to save your file as a PDF --- which is easily configurable as a downloadable file via a simple text link in Blue Voda or any other medium!

* Using a PDF format to distribute documents, Newsletters, or anything else allows you creative control over things, as Users will not be able to overwrite or makes changes to your "Branded" product .... this prevents anyone from copying your logos, written material, etc. and using it in a manner unauthorized by you.

Follow the instructions on using PDF995, to "convert" a file to PDF.
      1. Instead of SAVE AS you will actually PRINT
      2. When your print dialog box appears, you will use the drop-down Menu of "Printers" to select PDF995 as the "Printer" which will then "print" the file to a location you specify (a folder) automatically "saving" it as a .pdf formatted file.
      3. You will then FTP this file up to your public_html/ directory of your VodaHost account so that it can be linked from your web pages for immediate viewable version for your visitors that they can elect to "save a copy" of (download).

An example of a properly formatted hyperlink you will use to link from your page to allow Visitors to download would look like this (substitute as indicated, and be sure to keep the file name short as possible):
      http://www.YourDomainName.com/newsletter032008.pdf

.... and on we go!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Edelweiss
        Sergeant

• Jan 2008

WAW!!!!!!!
        It works!!!! Thanks to all for the great help!!!! I made Entry Form!
        You can look here http://www.vitagolf.org/st_valentines_09.html . It is my first PDF file in life!!!!
        Thanks a lot!!!!
        www.vitagolf.org

Comment

• judavvforum
          Major

• Nov 2007

Thanks, Vasili....you just reminded me that I have PDF995 in my arsenal!!

Comment

Working...
          X