• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: How to set up a second website using bluevoda

You may have 2 folders in the Cpanel. The correct one will have the cgi.bin file in it.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• santoro1
      First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

sorry I didn't get back to you, I was away from my computer. The numbers you gave me are correct. I will check the other stuff right now.

Comment

• santoro1
        First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

wow, that may be the problem. I didn't add it on in there. I was focused on creating folders in documents on by c drive and making sure there was a folder in BV that I could save my pages as I produced them, but forgot to go to the subdomain area. I don't remember what I did on each of the lines in that screen.

if the url will be http://www.globalresortsnetworkvacations.info what should I put on each line? I totally forget. I guess I can view the tutorial, but if you know, please let me know.. Thanks.

Also, I remember I asked you this question on the last web build. I have built a contact form from html code in my getresponse auto responder system. I want the visitor to fill out his/her info and then go directly to page 2. I forget where I have to put in the page name for page 2. Is it in the autoresponder html area?

I will tell you, if I don't work with this stuff for a few weeks I forget it. And it really is not that hard! Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• santoro1
          First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Ok I set up the subdomain and it was accepted. I uploaded the pages and they were accepted. When I tried the link I now get a 404 error just like last time.

You asked me about 2 folders in the cpanel. Where should I be looking. There is a whole bunch of things I am not sure of.

Comment

• santoro1
            First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Carbon Terry, when I open up my file manager, in the public html folder the top folder is the cgi bin folder. However, there is nothing in it when I click on it. Below that are folders for my 2 add on domains, each has in lower case letters and then with first words capitalized. In fact when I click on each of these folders I just get a drop down box that lists the same name of thefolder.

Comment

• santoro1
              First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I read the 404 error message again. It said I do not have permission to access the cgi-bin folder

Comment

• santoro1
                First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

This is the folder I am uploading the pages to

public_html/GlobalResortsNetworkVacations.info

Does this look correct or am I missing a period or something

Comment

• santoro1
                  First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

here is the complete error message
                  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.
                  Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                  Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.globalresortsnetworkvacations.info Port 80

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                    Major General

• Oct 2005

Is your addon folder all lowercase?
                    This will probably be my last post tonight. I just watched the Cardinals beat the Mets 10-8 in 14 innings
                    I suggest you delete the folder(s) in your public_html folder that has anything to do with: GlobalResortsNetworkVacations.info
                    Then do a new addon domain procedure.
                    I also suggest that when doing anything about your domain name other than furnishing it to outside users that you no longer use uppercase. It can become quite confusing.
                    when you re-make your addon use all lower case. Then when you publish there will be no doubt about publishing to: public_html/globalresortsnetworkvacations
                    Inside your public_html folder there are many folders and files. What is the ......EXACT...(type it in your reply exactly as it appears in the public_html folder) name of the folder for this new addon? Is there more than one folder for this addon?
                    I am confused by this statement "Below that are folders for my 2 add on domains, each has in lower case letters and then with first words capitalized."
                    Does that mean there are 4 folders, 2 for each addon?
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

• santoro1
                      First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

CT, I did what you said... deleted both grn folders in the public_html area of my file manager in cpanel. I then went to the add domain area of cpanel and deleted the grn domain. I then re entered the grn domain with all lower case letters and then when I published it I made sure that grn was all in lower case. Presto! It worked.

Now my last question to have my next page working is that I need to have the visitor go to page 2 AFTER he/she puts in their name, email, phone number. I remember you telling me it had something to do with the confirmation message. Would that be in my autoresponder (get response). So for example would the url in that confirmation url be http://www.globalresortsnetworkvacat.../grnpage2.html CT, lets see if I am actually learning here. I hope I am at least close! Thanks for your help.

Comment

• santoro1
                        First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

CT, it's working now. It wasn't in the autoresponder. I checked my Genewize acct (http://www.DNAGroundFloor.com) and looked into the html code. I found two lines that indicated a confirmation page. So I simply copied and pasted the lines, changed to the correct url for page 2 of my grn site and bingo, it worked. Yippe!!! Thanks for help while also helping me learn. Hopefully, I can help others with their questions eventually. BTW, anyone who is looking for new technology in the nutrition field needs to take a look at the link above. Unbelievable advancement.

One last thing to do, technically speaking. I have to get my merchant acct working on page 2. I will call the credit card processing company to figure out if I have the correct html codes. Your help has been extremely appreciated. Thanks again. Dr Al

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                          Major General

• Oct 2005

You are using the BV form builder I suppose? If yes, You will need to make and publish an error and success page. Your success (success.html) page is where the visitor goes after sending the form page. That page can contain any info that you want but unless you change the form field it must be named "success"
                          This is my success page. The name and extension are different because I use NavalDesigns form but you can get the idea. This page could say anything.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

• santoro1
                            First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Hey Carbon Terry and anyone else out there. Since my last post I have effectively added a new subdomain for a third website with different content. All is going well with it.

Today I decided to add another subdomain for yet another website with slightly different content. I followed all my other websites. Making sure the new domain name was purchased and its name servers were ns1.voda25.com and ns2. My one and only page is titled index.bvp. I went into cpanel and created a new subdomain. the name is grnsponsoringsecrets.com When I created the content of the page and uploaded it to the public_html location blue voda noted that is was done successfully. However when i attempted to put the url in my IE address bar I get the following error message

Your search - grnsponsoringsecrets.com - did not match any documents.

I have gone over each step, twice. I even deleted the subdomain and re did it to be sure. Still nothing. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                              Major General

• Oct 2005

Upload or publish ??
                              What file did you publish (exactly) to?
                              public_html/??????????????????????????
                              Named? (you mentioned titled) index (you entered index only) and BV adds the .bvp ??
                              ANd.. the name servers were...ns1.voda25.com, ns2.voda25.com
                              CarbonTerry
                              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                              Zone 5 Photo
                              My USMC

Comment

• santoro1
                                First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

public_html/grnsponsoringsecrets.com is where I am publishing it to.

ns1.voda25.com and ns2.voda25.com are the name servers.

I am not sure how I added the index file because I originally created the file in another folder by mistake. I then copied it to the grnsponsoringsecrets folder and had to change its name. I may have put index.bvp now that I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X