Build a site for someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a site for someone else

Can I build a site for someone else on my computer?

Or can I access someone else's BV builder to build and maintain her site?

My daughter wants her own site but does not have the time to build it. I could do it for her but I don't know if that is possible.

I have my account with VH and she would sign up for her own account.

Thank you,
    Deet

Re: Build a site for someone else

Your daughter can sign up for her own account and then pass you the details of her log-in and server. You can then build a site for her on YOUR web builder, this is not a problem, just ensure when you publish the site you do it under HER account details and not yours or it will overwrite yours.

You can then send her the page files and she can then maintain the site on her own computer.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick response!

Deet

Comment

Please tell me how I would send her the page files.

Thank you

Comment

If you live near her, put them onto a removable storage facility (Memory stick or disc) and give her that, zip and email them.. or email them a few pages at a time if not many.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

If she's going to maintain the site on her computer after you build it, I recommend you build it from her computer. You might have to rebuild some pages and change some paths, etc - as well as make all the images have the exact same path on her computer as they do on yours.

If it's at all possible for you to download the program to her computer and build there, I suggest you do so.

If not, then you'll want to be very careful about where any pictures are stored (name a file for all pictures for this website on your computer and on hers OR put all these pictures on a disk and calll for them from that disk drive). Then, when finished, you can copy all the BV files to a disk or usb device, and transfer them to her computer (that has BV installed) and make sure both your computers have the same path to that file. If you have computers with different people able to sign on, etc, the paths will be different and all that will need to be re-written to call up the paths.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

We live across the state from each other and have most of our contact by phone.

I don't think she would take over her site for a while.

Beth, I like your idea about keeping any images on a disc or stick.

Thank you for your input, Beth. It's always appreciated.

Now I just have to wait for her to buy her account.

Thanks,
              Deet

Comment

Working...
              X