• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aabutterplace
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2008

what's happening here?

I completely re-designed my site and published just the top menu pages so far...

two of my pages have title issues...I built my shopping page (titled shopping), then cloned it and built a page titled information...I converted the page titles to gifs since they are bradley itc font. Once published both pages have the same title 'shopping' although the page content is as it should be. Went back and revised my info page title to 'information' then converted to a gif, saved it and re-published...and you guessed it, now the title of my shopping page reads 'information' ...what have I done wrong?
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: what's happening here?

Hi,

When you use a cloned page already with a title
    you have to go to properties and change the title of the page
    with the new title also.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• aabutterplace
      First Sergeant

• Jan 2008

thanks for your reply...I clicked properties on each page and changed the titles...saved and republished...but the gif title at the top of my pages (not in the title box from the property link) is still switching back and forth...did I misunderstand or not do this correctly?

thought I should add both pages show correctly in the builder and in preview...it's the published pages online that keep switching

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

when you save the new page you have to do Save AS - and save it with the new name. If you are simply clicking save, you are saving it with the original name. They are switching each time because you are going back and forth when you save the page and publish.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• aabutterplace
          First Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Thanks Bethers, I believe I am clicking 'save as' and naming each by name when I save a page...color me confused...I'll go back and check again...

What's strange is that my page title gif at the top of the page reads correctly in the builder. When I publish, for example my information page it will say information, but the shopping page header will switch from shopping to information also...let me go try again.

Comment

• aabutterplace
            First Sergeant

• Jan 2008

so far I've fixed the title problems...I had to delete the current gif titles and add them in again using a new text box. Previously, to change the title I had just backspaced to erase the one that was there and then typed in a new title.

I've got a new problem now though...I have a small shape line down the left side of my template...on one page it's showing space at the top and bottom instead of being flush to my page border, on the other it's fine. When I fix it on one page, the other page ends up with the white space...

My head hurts...I'm giving up for tonight!!!

Comment

• CarbonTerry
              Major General

• Oct 2005

When you copy a shape/logo/whatever from one page to another there is only one file (i.e. bv1009.gif) published even though it's on 2 (or more)pages. If you change the properties/color/text on one page it will change the properties on the other page as there is only one file (bv1009.gif). If you will be changing properties it is best to have a completely new file name/object.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X