• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferrari
    Corporal

• Nov 2007

2domains?

Hello

I have 2 domains when i type both domains in browser it open the one i've published with both domain names,how do i separate domain files from each so it work with one domain, i did chooses where i want to go in c panel but looks to me it's not helping?

Does anyone know how to seperate domain files so it work only with one domain intended for?

Thanks

Ferrari
  • judavvforum
    Major

• Nov 2007

Re: 2domains?

If you go into BV FTP and connect to the VodaHost server where your domains reside; you should see a folder with the name of your 2nd domain. It would be inside your "public_html" folder. If it is not there; you need to create one with the 2nd domain name,(do not put the .com or whatever the. is for the second domain; in the folder name) (ex. 2nddomain....that's it!)
    Then you should look at the files in the "public_html" folder and delete the "index" file for the 2nd domain. Then go back to BV and "publish" the 2nd domain page called "index" into that new folder. Be sure that the publish destination indicates "public_html/2nddomain" before you click the "publish" button!

If you have "uploaded" using FTP, any images that you use on your 2nd domain, (not ones you inserted onto your 2nd domain page), but ones that you may have linked to on you 2nd domain pages; they will have to be re-uploaded to the new folder or moved from your public_html folder. Otherwise you will see a small box with a red X in the corner when you view the page.

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: 2domains?

The addon domain name folder is different depending on which version of Cpanel you have.
      With the older accounts the addon would be: public_html/addonname
      The newer CPanel addon would be public_html/addonname.com (or whatever extension you are using)
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Working...
      X