Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changed to Windows Vista

Hello,
    I now have a new computer thanks to a lightening storm. Luckily I burned the site builder to a disc but the problem is Vista won't recognize it. Any ideas? I haven't been able to work with my site in about a month!!!

Re: changed to Windows Vista

Download BV again! It works fine with Vista, but you have a job to reinstall all your gifs and such to your new computer.

Or did you mean Vista won't recognize your disk? You should be able to grab your files off your VH server and download them to your hard drive.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I'll take it that when you say "Luckily I burned the site builder to a disc" you mean that you also copied your BlueVoda folder ??? If not, you have created more work for yourself. Although you can download the html files from the server you will have to make some minor adjustments and reinsert all graphics if you want to see your pages in a full "working state" in the web builder. The pages are still on the server and will view OK on the "Net.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Thanks,
        yes, Vista doesn't recognize the BV program from the disc. I have a lot of work ahead of me!!!

Comment

Make sure you give the disc open permissions and when you open it or run a program.. (right click)run as administrator. Vista HIDES the true admin user on this system so I shut the User profiles off. Set my login as admin... but every now and then I still have to run as admin on something.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ohh beautiful macreme...I learnt when living in Malaysia but havent done it since...looking at your site just reminded me of that part of my life. Thankyou.

Sharon
            www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

Is the software on the disc or is the BV folder with all of the files on the disc?
              If the files/pages are there, download BV10.12. Vista will then be able to recognize the files.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X