how to redirect after post action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to redirect after post action

can anyone enlighten me how can i rederect after post action?

what code do i need to use to redirect the landed page of my maling list after the post action to a thank you page on my own domain

Re: how to redirect after post action

I suppose you mean after submission of the form data ? If so, in case you have created the php page following Pablo's instructions, copy and paste the following script in the Between Head Tag of your php page html:

<meta http-equiv="Refresh"
    content="3; URL=http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyoupage.html">

You can change the time from "3" to what you want.

If, instead, the script is in pure php, insert this code at the end:

header("Location: thankyou_page.html");

just before the
    ?>
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

this does not work, since the data is submitted to a different domain.

if this code is placed in the page of that domain it will work, but i dont own that domain so i cant paste it in their page

what else can be done to solve this one?

Comment

navaldesign thank you for your suggestion, what else can be done since this does not work?

Comment

Originally posted by gueorgui
          navaldesign thank you for your suggestion, what else can be done since this does not work?
          Can't really tell because i don't know the script used for submitting the data. Where is the script page hosted? However, even if the data is submitted to another site, the processing script should be on your site, so my answers still stand.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

the script page is hosted:http://www.ebusiessolutions.ws/newsletter.html

here is a copy of the full script:

<FORM name=newsletter method=POST action="http://www.getresponse.com/cgi-bin/add.cgi" method="post" id="GRSubscribeForm" enctype="multipart/form-data">
            <INPUT type="hidden" name="category1" value="wealth-online-website-system">
            <INPUT type="hidden" name="confirmation" value="http://www.eBusinesSolutions.ws/thanks.html">
            <INPUT type="hidden" name="error_page" value="http://www.eBusinesSolutions.ws/error.html">
            <INPUT type="hidden" name="misc" value="">
            <INPUT type="hidden" name="ref" value="001">
            <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:174px;top:131px;widt h:176px;z-index:0" size="22" name="category2" value="">
            <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:173px;top:164px;widt h:176px;z-index:1" size="22" name="category3" value="">
            <DIV style="position:absolute; left:130px; top:5px; width:260px; height:19px; z-index:2" align="center" valign="top">
            <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:12pt" color="#FF8000" face="Times New Roman"><B>Free Money Making Tips Newsletter!</B></FONT>
            </DIV>
            <DIV style="position:absolute; left:21px; top:131px; width:119px; height:17px; z-index:3" align="left" valign="top">
            <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#FF8000" face="Arial">Your Name</FONT>
            </DIV>
            <DIV style="position:absolute; left:22px; top:164px; width:133px; height:17px; z-index:4" align="left" valign="top">
            <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#FF8000" face="Arial">Your email address</FONT>
            </DIV>
            <INPUT type="submit" name="submit" value="sign up free" style="position:absolute;left:205px;top:205px;z-index:5">
            <DIV style="position:absolute; left:20px; top:39px; width:489px; height:53px; z-index:6" align="left" valign="top">
            <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:12pt" color="#FF8000" face="Times New Roman">Subscribe to our FREE home business tips and money making secrets newsletter with legitimate money making tips and tricks. Enter your contact info below: </FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE:12pt" color="#000000" face="Times New Roman"><BR>
            </FONT>
            </DIV>
            </FORM>

thank you!

Comment

So Gueorgui,

this is your form page and i imagine that the code has been delivered to you by Getresponse. First, it seems as though they should redirect your visitors back to your confirmation page, indeed the hidden field "confirmation" contains the URL of your thankyou page. If your visitors don't get redirected back to you is because either you - or them - have not setup correctly their scripts, or, though they seem to offer a redirect option, they don't have it activated. In the first case you have to enter your control panel in Getresponse and modify the settings, in the second case you must contact them to have your problem solved.

I can also suggest you a trick: on your menu bar, make the link to your newsletter page _blank. So, the newsletter signup form will open in a new page. The original page remains open. So when your visitors signup at the Getresponse page, and the close it, they are still on your site, even though not in the thankyou page.
              Navaldesign

Comment

it does pay to get a perspective from someone else:)

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X