• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrentB
    Corporal

• Oct 2006

How do you inport back into BlueVoda

I have a small problem.
    My hard drive crashed an I have lost my .bvp pages.
    How can I ftp the html pages in cpanel and revert them to bvp pages or how can I get html pages to show in BV?
  • admarket
    Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Re: How do you inport back into BlueVoda

Hi Brent,

I don't think you can do that yourself. You need to contact BlueVoda support, and ask them to do it for you.

That was the answer I got a few weeks ago, because I wanted to be able to work and publish my website from both my desktop AND my laptop.

Maybe someone knows for sure here?

Regards,
    Boris
    www.MyWorldIndex.com Your Daily Stop!
    FREE Marketing eBooks - FREE Website Traffic - FREE Google Ads - FREE AdWords Marketing Research Toolbar

Comment

• judavvforum
      Major

• Nov 2007

Hello Brent,

It would probably be a good idea to see if BV Support will/can do that for you! But there is a way to do it in BV itself. However it will leave a lot of work for you to get back to original condition, (usually!).

Do this:
      File/New Page/From Existing HTML page/Remote (on the internet)/(then type in the complete url for the page you want to recreate).

This assumes, of course, that you have your page published! If not, then only recourse would be BV Support....that I know of!

Good Luck.

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

This is never a reason to contact support, support cannot put blue voda files back onto your computer.

Your choices are only ever to retrieve these pages via the methods suggested here on the forum .. this is not a support issue.

And Now you will back up your files, once retrieved, in another format, cd, disc, memory stick, external hard drive, and so on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• admarket
          Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          This is never a reason to contact support, support cannot put blue voda files back onto your computer.

Your choices are only ever to retrieve these pages via the methods suggested here on the forum .. this is not a support issue.

And Now you will back up your files, once retrieved, in another format, cd, disc, memory stick, external hard drive, and so on.
          Do you know if I can duplicate the exact content, from my desktop to my laptop then?

I would like to be able to work and publish my pages from my laptop, without too much trouble.
          www.MyWorldIndex.com Your Daily Stop!
          FREE Marketing eBooks - FREE Website Traffic - FREE Google Ads - FREE AdWords Marketing Research Toolbar

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by admarket View Post
            Do you know if I can duplicate the exact content, from my desktop to my laptop then?

I would like to be able to work and publish my pages from my laptop, without too much trouble.

yes, you can do this ..

you can transfer your files from one computer to another via a memory stick, cd, file transfer, email, etc., you will need to take all of your images with you as well ..

Just remember, that while your website will show the current version regardless of which computer you last published from, the version on each of your computers will not reflect the changes you made on the other.

So you will need to be updating each, if you want to keep two current versions on each computer ..

or you could keep your files on your external memory and plug in to each computer for access to both ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• BrentB
              Corporal

• Oct 2006

Thanks guys. I used FTP and sucked back the HTML pages. You can then use them in BV by selecting "New Page" "Import from existing HTML Page".
              It does not quite retrieve 100% but good enough to retrieve the main data.....Made me update my site.

Comment

Working...
              X