• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobhebert
    Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Unexpected File Format.

When I try to open Bluevoda, I get the error: “Unexpected file format.” Then when I try to go into My Documents and open one of the files directly, it gives me the following error:

"Windows cannot find '[File Path]/file.bvp’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start Button, and then click Search."

I have already restarted my computer multiple times, uninstalled/reinstalled, installed in a different directory, and it was working fine, just earlier today with no changes made that I can think of... So anything else I can try would be appreciated. Thanks.

As a side note... I also discovered that if I right click on the Bluevoda executable and do a “Run As” (As long as I have the “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity” option checked) it opens the program, but then won’t let me navigate to the .bvp files. If I uncheck that box, it comes up with the same Unexpected… etc. error.
    Jacob Hebert
    Lake Conroe Real Estate
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Unexpected File Format.

Your firewall is blocking it. You need to run as administrator or give it total access to run and save.

Right click on the icon, properties, advanced and give rights to all users as FULL.

I take it you are running Vista?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• davidundalicia
      General

• Mar 2006

Try
      right click on one of your bvp files which sometimes opens BV properly.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• jacobhebert
        Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2008

I'm actually in XP, and I checked all of the permissions everywhere, and "Everyone" is set to full control, with the same error (s)

My "My Documents" folder is set to back up to the server and they some work was being done on it earlier today (while I had BV open, and the server went up and down a few times) but I have tried moving the BV folder to a local directory and i'm getting all the same errors...
        Jacob Hebert
        Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

If the server went down.. you got a corrupted copy. You need to uninstall thru control panel, run cc cleaner.. which cleans registry orphans too, then download a new copy and reinstall.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• jacobhebert
            Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Ok so after doing everything above and everything else I could think of to wipe bluevoda from my system and do a fresh install, nothing was working, so I finally moved my entire Bluevoda directory out of the default folder in case BV was still trying to open the most recently accessed file (despite being deleted in every way I know of) and sure enough, the "Unexpected file format" error change to "File not Found".

So I got pretty excited and put the files back and renamed another file index.bvp (I know, it was the index file) and it opened right up! So now I've restored the most recent backup of the index file and everything is back to normal... Still not sure where it kept the setting to open the most recently accessed file after uninstalling, cleaning the registry, deleting all BV folders, etc. when that's not the default setting. (Or how it would know what the last file accessed still was)

Oh well it's working that's all I care about.

Thanks guys.
            Jacob Hebert
            Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

Working...
            X