probably a bit unusual type of problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably a bit unusual type of problem

i've just returned to my hometown after traveling all year and all my computer work is scattered across different machines. i'm staying at my mom's while i get myself reestablished and when i first started working on my website here i was using my old PC. i got the entire site built but eventually got frustrated with it's slow operation and decided i was going to switch everything over to my mom's newer, faster computer because she doesn't use it anyway. so i put all the files on my flash drive (and i made sure every single little thing was there) and loaded it on the new machine and then dowloaded the BlueVoda software from the website again to install it on the new machine. but when i opened up the webpage files, all the content was there except for the images. the images are in the folders but they're not showing up on the pages. can anybody help with this because i don't want to have to be switching between computers all the time? thanks.

Re: probably a bit unusual type of problem

Hi,

If you right click on the image in your Blue Voda Site Builder you can see the path of the image. The file (image) on your new computer must be in the exact same place as on your old computer.

ex. If you had an image on your desktop in a folder called Pictures and the image was name "myimage.jpg" then the file path would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Pictures\myimage.jpg

So..

Either you will need to place the image in a folder named Pictures on your desktop so the link to that picture "named the same as well" will work..

OR

Put all images used on your site in one folder and change the file path of every image used in Blue Voda to the same file path by clicking on all blank images in Blue Voda individually and changing the file path URL.

Painstaking either way. Good Luck,

-DM

Comment

Working...
    X