• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SGarlock
    Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Upload help - FTP help

I know how to create a download from the 2-15-07 thread by the Forum Adminstrator but I need our customers to be able to drop a file for us to download!! We work with large art files to customize our product. So we need our customers to be able to send to us their logo artwork and sometimes it is too big to email. So how can our customers use an Internet Explorer browser to drop a file/upload to our website so we can then download it. Am I going to have to purchase FTP software that works with an Internet Explorer browser and if so any referrrals!! I want it to be easy and simple for our customers and they don't have to download any software to do this.
    Thanks Shannon www.trunkmat.com
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Upload help - FTP help

Hi

I am not sure that you would want to give ftp access to all your customers ....

Instead ..

You could all open gmail accounts which transfer 50 mbs, if that would be enough ..

You can use services like yousendit.com, free as well, which will handle any uploads you might have for sure ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Tom vR
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

You can also use a form in BV. Here is an explanation by General Navaldesign. Click here.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

• SGarlock
        Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Thanks for your submit Lady Eye but that won't work for example......when we send large digital images and copy to our magazine advertisers they have ftp sites which they give a username and password to, us, the customer. We go on these sites example ftp.greenbeam.com and type username and password then we can dump/upload a file straight from our file browser into theirs/website. Then when we want to approve completed ads we can then download the art file straight into our files as though we are using a typical file manager. Some of these files are 100+MB. So you can understand why emailing can't be used all the time. We really need ftp plus Internet Explorer capabilities and Blue FTP does not do this. I thought it did. So any other suggestions besides having to purchase more software that allows ftp to be used in an internet explorer browser would be great!!

Comment

• SGarlock
          Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Tom Vr - thanks for your submit I will try your suggestion. I hope it works. Please stand by and look for my response, I may need some help since I have not used BV forms yet. Plus, BV customer service was very frustrating with this issue. I have never recieved such limp responses to an issue. They wouldn't answer all my questions there responses were very short and lacked info.

Comment

• Tom vR
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi SGarlock,
            No, I must admit, the customer service has always been excellent when I needed help from them. You must check the rules for when to ask here in the forum and when to submit a ticket, etc.

As far as the forms are concerned, I'm really no expert on them. I simply followed General Navaldesign's instructions to the letter and it worked.
            When you are trying the form and you need more help on that, please do not reply here on this thread as it has its own topic. Rather start a new thread in the forms part of the forum and name it something like "Help needed with forms" or something like that. This way you will get more people here on the forum to come to your aid, and I'm pretty sure the king himself (Naval) will help where he can.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X