• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Huebner
    Sergeant

• Oct 2008

How to set up page to page printing

I have my site linked (to my index and to each page #) and up but as there are a number of pages of charts, I want the viewer to be able to print more than a page at a time. What do I do to my pages to enable this?

Kim Huebner
    spanishverbsmarthours
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: How to set up page to page printing

No can do: just as browsers can view only one page at a time, so too a printer can perform one 'job' at a time. Even though you may be able to open up multiple browsers to provide multiple simultaneous "views," being unable to "merge" views or print job requests means there will always be the que spooled to the printer, and the printer will only print exactly what is in the browser --- one page at a time (however "long" that page may be).

The only possible way around this is to "fool" the visitor by having already anticipated the print request: you will need to provide a link to a single file that is in fact different than what is being viewed on the web page, so when they download to print out the file, it is actually a file that contains the "merged" page, preformatted with the "enhanced view" that is 'suggested' >>> such as a teacher supplying a 'long form' of a chart rather than the abbreviated chart drawn on the board.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Re: How to set up page to page printing

Hi, might be worth converting the pages to pdf & popping them in a zip file for download.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X