• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samcrowe
    Corporal

• Dec 2007

Creating a one time download

I did not notice a response to this inquiry on the "How to create a download" thread. The thread was locked so I couldn't post to it. I am wanting to set up a page for when my customers purchase an ebook. I have it where they visit paypal to pay. Once they purchase, how do I set up a page/link for them to do a one time download so they do not pass it on to their friends?

Thanks.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Creating a one time download

You might be able to find a script on hotscripts.com to that create a temporary file on your website (a copy of the original) where the user can download, and it is removed after xx period of time

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• TCJJ
      Private

• Jan 2008

Re: Creating a one time download

You could have it delete the file off the server once downloaded and say that the quantity is only one and then reupload it. I haven't really looked at this option yet but it could work. Another option could be to simply have a page instead of an email. What I mean is this:

After paying via PayPal, the buyer will then get redirected to a download page on your website. You can then have a menu button e.g. sliding menu type that doesn't show you the url unless you view the source. Disable right-clicking on your website so one way of viewing the source is disabled and the disable saving the webpage, viewing th current url and viewing the source via the toolbar. That last step - it can be done with html (I think it's javascript html o something complicated) but it can be done.

Someone can probably give you the html needed or you can Google for it. That's probably the best way since it's infinite downloads and you just stop people from getting the link. That way, you don't need a script. Kind of complicated though. I'm not very good with scripting but I'm sure you can find the code to do it. In my spare time, I will search for code so I can hopefully do this an will post results here for anyone who wants it.

By the way, I'm new and I'm working on a website (actually two but only on at a time) that I hope to post on the net in the future. But just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm stupid. :P :D

Comment

Working...
      X