• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ram_Industries
    First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

Source Page Encryption

I have some of my website completed, but would like to know what I would need to do to encrypt the source page.

Never worked with encryption before:

I understand that to encrpt the source I would have to save the code in its present state as well as its new encryption state. This being that at anytime I can still work with the non encrypted page and when completed, I can encrypt it and place onto the server.

Anyone know how I might be able to encrypt the source page?

Thank you

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    Ram_Industries
    Robert A. Montgomery
    Ram-Industries@comcast.net
    http://Martech-Inc.biz
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Source Page Encryption

Here's a little info for ya;

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Mook25
      Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

You can encrypt the source code using a bit of php programming however it would probably not be that good for the search engines. Most people will also wonder what you are hiding if you do encrypt and you could in turn be turning customers away for this reason.
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• Ram_Industries
        First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

First of all:

Yes I know that in some instances with the right brain power and resources, a website that is encrypted can be decripted in less then 30 seconds.

Second:

I am not looking to hide every page of the site, just areas that may handle a SSL of sorts.
        As in Naval Designs multipage form.

Those who are interested in knowing for what ever reason the source is for the site know so because of reasons they may claim as "Need to Know". If they need to know the source of this page, they can.

I am simply trying to make my form less inviting to those that want to know, against those who have no interest in knowing. The latter being more into gaining additional information from people who are looking for the services provided by the companies listed on the site.

Thanks for all your replys:

Ram_Industries
        Robert Montgomery
        http://Martech-Inc.biz (still adding new pages)
        Ram_Industries
        Robert A. Montgomery
        Ram-Industries@comcast.net
        http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

If your worried- pay the $79 or $99 for SSL cert. Otherwise, simply put security measures (against mal use) into the coding of your form. If you don't know how to do that- simply post an example of what you are trying to accomplish and nyoman, naval or some of our other php guru's will give a helping hand.

If it is extensive work- both Naval and Watdaflip do coding as freelance work.

Really- if your not requesting personal info -ie. birth dates, SSN, credit card numbers and the like- I would not worry about my regular web pages. The forms- you can make fairly secure against mal use. But if the forms collect the aforementioned data- then SSL is the way to go.

Cheers-

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
          X