Can I force a new window to open within a frame??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Can I force a new window to open within a frame??

Hi, I have set a page up with my logo & a few links at the top of the page with a large frame underneath, the idea is to keep visitors from leaving the site in certain areas. If someone is browsing within the frame & clicks on a link that says (opens in a new window), can I force that the new window to open within the frame & not outside the frame?

Thanks

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Can I force a new window to open within a frame??

Collector-
    Click here, scroll down and see "Target explained" ,and see if that accomplishes what you are looking for.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Re: Can I force a new window to open within a frame??

Hi Andy,
      If I can, what I would like to achieve is a directory/list of other sites that I can send visitors to without leaving my site. So from my list they would arrive at a page like this link http://www.collectors-info.com/t1.html & the site would be already in the frame with my header. With the site that’s in this particular frame all is ok with most links until you click on a Google ad, then I lose my visitor. What I am not sure on is if there’s a script that will force that Google ad or similar links into my frame.

Oh! You might like the site that’s in the frame. Got some useful free web tools.

Cheers

Chris
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X