Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disalignment Of Page In Other Browsers ugh!! HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disalignment Of Page In Other Browsers ugh!! HELP.

I have a client who says she is viewing her page from a friends computer and her page looks jumbled and the letters are all unorganized and mis aligned.

Please help me make the settings so that in all browers the web site created looks exactly the same.

Are there certain perameters that need to be set etc?

or is it just depending on the persons browser?

Also the music on the page is a quick time player but I created it with window media player.. is there some sort of universal player that can be used for browsers regardless of personal indivdual settings?

IE Mozilla Firefox Safari Google Chrome etc

Thanks again for taking the time to read my issue.

Please get back asap.

Re: Disalignment Of Page In Other Browsers ugh!! HELP.

Unfortunately, there are discrepencies between viewing sites on different browsers. However, with just a bit of tweaking here and there you can get it sorted. Your best bet is to download firefox (don't worry about others too much) and then you can see for yoursefl as you build. That way you can make changes accordingly.

With regards to the music. You can't change what everyone has on their PC, Each user will listen to the music in whatever is their default music browser.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Just a couple for tips for keeping things straight in different browsers.
      1. Do not place large slabs of text on a page. Create multiple text boxes and place no more than 7 or 8 lines of text in each. The way IE and Firefox handle line breaks is different and on this point the longer the text box the more the difference becomes apparent.

2. Using H1, H2 etc tags. Firefox really hates it when you just use <h1> then </h1> for these.

The way I was shown, and it really does make Firefox happy, is to open a text box and type in the title or heading you want. Adjust the text to the size you want and apply "bold" using the text properties.

Then "right-click" on the text box and select the HTML tab in the drop down menu.

In the "Before Tag" tab place this code: <h1 style="margin:0px;"> then in the "After Tag" tab place </h1>

For H2, H3 etc just change the H1 values as appropriate.
      Video Editing Software Reviews
      Video Editing Software Tips
      DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Originally posted by lancecarr View Post
        Just a couple for tips for keeping things straight in different browsers.
        1. Do not place large slabs of text on a page. Create multiple text boxes and place no more than 7 or 8 lines of text in each. The way IE and Firefox handle line breaks is different and on this point the longer the text box the more the difference becomes apparent.

2. Using H1, H2 etc tags. Firefox really hates it when you just use <h1> then </h1> for these.

The way I was shown, and it really does make Firefox happy, is to open a text box and type in the title or heading you want. Adjust the text to the size you want and apply "bold" using the text properties.

Then "right-click" on the text box and select the HTML tab in the drop down menu.

In the "Before Tag" tab place this code: <h1 style="margin:0px;"> then in the "After Tag" tab place </h1>

For H2, H3 etc just change the H1 values as appropriate.
        Nice tips. I too noticed Firefox doesn't like H tags! So welcome tip.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well I'd like to look like a screaming genuis here but truth be told I had the same problem and "navaldesign" came to the rescue for me...as usual!
          Video Editing Software Reviews
          Video Editing Software Tips
          DVD Disc Repair

Comment

LOL, good Ol' George.

Comment

I am not sure it would be that hard to add a feature to BV of highlighting the text that you want to be a h1-h6 tag & just choosing from a drop down box the appropriate tag. (Similar to adding a url link to text)

Sorry OniWebDesgin, i am getting off subject & hijacking your thread. Do you have a link to the problem site so we can have a look.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X