copying changes from page to page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copying changes from page to page

I have created all of my pages and am almost ready to publish. I have done some fine tuning to the links(appear in all 8 pages) at the bottom of one of my pages. I want to copy or make these take affect in every page. Can I do this without having to do the work in each individual page from scratch?

Re: copying changes from page to page

Yes.. BUT... after copying one to your clipboard, use the PASTE ICON on the builder and NOT copy/paste from your mouse
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You might want to look at the following:

Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Ramsey,

The copy part I've got down but when I go to the page where I want to paste it nothing appears. I tried opening a text box on the page to paste it in there but then the paste icon disappears.

I have also attempted using a inline frame but have'nt figured out how to make anything appear in the box yet; not sure if a inline frame can be copied from page to page.
        Hubovetz

Comment

If you are copying the same block of text over to all pages, copy the whole text block, dont open it and copy the text. Then just paste the whole text block on each page by using the paste icon.

George's single menu page is by far the best way though (link provided by Beth above).
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Beth,

Saw that post from Naval once before but lost it. Looks intensive; might be here for a while. If nothing else I will write the HTML code myself and figure a way to paste it into every page. Which opens another question....
            Can I save HTML I create in a file(txt, bvp, html) and later reference to it from various other pages?

Comment

Yes.. with the php includes or make an iframe.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ramsey,

I got it to work with a simple block of text. My problem is that what I am trying to copy includes a horizontal line, a block of text & a text menu. May be I'm just asking too much of BV
                Will try what Beth suggested or revert to writing & pasting the HTML code on each page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                  You might want to look at the following:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html
                  Hi Beth,

Finally got around to it, followed Naval's instructions but I get nothing. The only thing that I haven't done is publish my page; have not gotten that far...still practicing. Until now everything I've done, previewed in my browser.

Any answers?

Comment

Originally posted by hubovetz View Post
                    Hi Beth,

Finally got around to it, followed Naval's instructions but I get nothing. The only thing that I haven't done is publish my page; have not gotten that far...still practicing. Until now everything I've done, previewed in my browser.

Any answers?
                    Hi, this method will only work when published.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, guess I´ll have to wait till I get to that point to see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X