X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Hi Chris,

actually, it has always been like this, but it is an undocumented aspect.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• HumBird
      First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

Re: how to make initial post to guestbook

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      There is no need to create and upload the guestbookdb.php file.
      Just publish the GB, and post an initial wellcoming post, the script will autocreate the file.

I'm missing something here. I made a GB page and published it- named guestbook.html. Also created a guestbookdb.php file and downloaded it ( as per instructions elsewhere in the forum). I keep getting an error notice which is supposed to go away with the first post? I don't get how to make that post.
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

As i said already, there is no need to create and upload (not download) it on the server.
        When you publish the guestbook page, an error message should appear (due to the fact that the guestbookdb.php file is missing. Just make a post in the guestbook, welcoming your visitors, and the guestbookdb.php file will be created. From that point on, no error will appear.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• HumBird
          First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

thanks for the QUICK response!!!
          the reason I was so confused was that the very first time I published the GB came up and I tested it but did not know I needed to retype the code number- so of course it didn't work. Then I just kept getting the error instead of the GB every time I tried again. this last time I changed the "code confirmation" to read "retype the number in the blank box" ( so my guests would know what I didn't) and when I published the GB came up and I posted a welcome message and all is groovy!
          It's all so obvious when it works...
          HAPPY NEW YEAR
          HumBird
          www.Humnew.com

Comment

• fwhpita
            Sergeant

• Apr 2006

HELP!
            I add a guestbook, save & publish as instructed.
            When I try to view it as an html doc, , I get all the code. IE:
            ar); $var = preg_replace('(\[i\](.+?)\[\/i\])is', '$1', $var); $var = preg_replace('(\[u\](.+?)\[\/u\])is', '$1', $var); return trim($var); } if (isset($_POST['password'])) { $password = .....
            Please Advise.
            Thank You

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Wat do you mean "When I try to view it as an html doc" ?

The guestbook consists of two parts, a html page and a php file that is the main gestbook.

Please provide a link so we can see.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• jorujuja
                Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Is there a way to edit the guestbook fields? Like I want to get rid of 'website' field... Thanks!

Comment

• vetrncwby
                  Corporal

• Aug 2009

I have read this forum over and over and I cannot make my guestbook work. I think I have done everything I am suppose to do but I have a message that reads:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for ./guestbookdb.php in /home/dogehtpi/public_html/guestbook.php on line 235
                  No posts found.

Admin login

www.familyfunrving.com/guestbook.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Don't worry, make a welcome post and the error will disappear.

This displays simply because there is not yet a posts file.

EDIT: I did it for you, all is ok now. If you wish, make another one of your own and selete mine.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• vetrncwby
                      Corporal

• Aug 2009

So when you say "to make a welcome post" do you mean to go the the guest book and type something in the "message box"? If so I have tried that and it didn't change a thing.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• vetrncwby
                        Corporal

• Aug 2009

I deleted it just to see how you did it and now I am right back where I started. Where did you post the "Welcome post"

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Just post in the page with the error, after posting it will disappear.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• vetrncwby
                            Corporal

• Aug 2009

It absolutely won't work if I do it myself. I read on a forum someone else had the same problem. Please do it one more time and I will leave it alone.

Thanks so much,

Steve

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your guest book has no problem anymore!

Anyway, i posted again.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

• vetrncwby
                                Corporal

• Aug 2009

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X