• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IrelandsAngelEyes
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Gosh I'm so embarrassed .....

I'm new here -- and right off the bat, the domain name I chose - and put on business cards, came back as something with the system that it was already in use, but still allowed me to choose it. ..... just frustrating is all. But I do have a couple of questions that I need to ask before getting this site up -- if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1) I tried to do the "page properties" thing and right clicked in the middle of the page where there was no writing, and it brough up properties, but not all the choices about meta tags or description and all? What have I done wrong or is it because I'm just about done with my page - that it's too late for me to do the search engine part?? I hope not, I would really like this to be in the search engines.

2) to the left of my page, I have three buttons, one is CONTACT US, one is OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, and the other is SEE WHAT ELSE WE HAVE. Now, I've put them all in those catagories with (well I'll do it here so you can see what I mean, the name of the website is going to be www.clooneydesigns4u.com and what I did was put each button after the ...4u/contact.html -- the second I put as ....4u/products.html and the third ... well you can see where I'm going.) -- now, I started to work on those separtate pages -- and saving them as such - but am totally confused as to when my WEBSITE DOES GET up (it's been almost 4 days now), will those buttons when clicked on by someone, automatically go to those adjoining pages or is there something more I have to do?

3) After I was done with my first page, I thought it would be nice to add a background color to make it a bit "colorful", but when I did, the background COVERED the whole page? Isn't there a way to get the background color to fill in everything BUT the template?? So that I have my purple top and left, then the whole part that has text on it (white plain background) can have maybe a light orange hue to it?? Is there any way to do that other than to start from scratch?

4) If I want to use the "TELL A FRIEND" button, how do i make that button click to what, their email or some page where they type in the "friends name" to be able to send my page to that friend?? I'm not sure how once I get that "icon" on MY webpage, where do i go from there to make sure that when someone clicks on it, it directs them to a new page where they can fill out that friends name / email address and it will send it for them?? ALSO, if I want to have a part where people can submit THEIR NAME and contact info FOR ME to contact them back, how would i go about doing that also??

Thank you so much, I've been working hard at this, I'll be so excited once it gets up to begin with, I signed up like 4 days ago and there are still problems for some reason and it's getting very frustrating ..... so thank you again for your help and support.

Katie
  • IrelandsAngelEyes
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: Gosh I'm so embarrassed .....

Oh, more information:

I first chose the name www.clooneydesigns.com - it allowed me to make that choice, two days after creating a ticket it came back and said I couldn't HAVE that choice, that it was taken, to choose another one. So I did, I chose www.clooneydesigns4u.com and now am STILL waiting to find out why nothing is working. I can publish, but for 4 days now, nothing is getting up to web.

* Original Domain Name clooneydesigns.com
    * 2nd choice per your host clooneydesigns4u.com

site username: irelandsangeleyes
    email: irelandsangeleyes******.com

webmail username: fksexusn

Hope this helps?? there are TWO tickets open

Comment

• racefan20
      Major General

• Jul 2005

1. In Page Properties, you should see a series of tabs, one of which is labeled Meta Tags.

2. Your created links should look like this: http://www.clooneydesigns4u.com/products.html

3. If you have a program such as Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro (the Paint program that comes with Windows may work as well), you can create a custom background using that program and add it as an image. There is no easy way to customize the background in BV, short of adding lots of shapes in different colors, but they will load unevenly.

4. You'll need scripts for all of these options. One great source is hotscripts.com, but a Google search should yield quite a few as well.

I have no answer for you as to why your pages aren't showing up, but ***** will.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• IrelandsAngelEyes
        Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Ok, I sort of got the answers here, thanks ..... as far as the created links, that's exactly what I did - so I'm ok there. And understand about the background dilemma - i figured as much after playing around in there so that makes sense also. But the one problem I have is where you say that bringing up "properties" should bring up those other tabs, as it said on the tutorial and how it showed it there - mine doesn't. Only brings up ONE TAB that says BACKGROUND and it gives me one choice for color, and then an "image" ______________ spot, that's it, that's the only tab it shows me. That's why I'm confused. And yes, I have two tickets open, but have gotten nothing on them or no fixes as to why things aren't working, so I'll check this again in moring hopefully with some answers.

By the way, what are "scripts"?? Is it html or something?

Thanks so much for the clarity - it's greatly appreciated.

Katie

Comment

• racefan20
          Major General

• Jul 2005

Hi, Katie

Try a new download of BV and see if that helps with the Page Properties part of things. (It won't overwrite any of your pages, so no need to worry about that.)

Scripts are the "engines" that make forms run properly. Most are php based. There's lots of info on the forum if you just take a look around a little. There's also a member here named navaldesign who is very helpful when it comes to getting the forms to work properly.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by racefan20
            Hi, Katie

Try a new download of BV and see if that helps with the Page Properties part of things. (It won't overwrite any of your pages, so no need to worry about that.)

Scripts are the "engines" that make forms run properly. Most are php based. There's lots of info on the forum if you just take a look around a little. There's also a member here named navaldesign who is very helpful when it comes to getting the forms to work properly.

Thanks racefun, you're too nice with me
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• racefan20
              Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Thanks racefan, you're too nice with me
              Just giving credit where it's due, my friend.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                Major General

• Oct 2005

Make sure that you send the background color to "Move to Back" after you right click on it.. That will put it behind all other elements on the page.
                To set the page properties you will have to right click where there are no images, etc. i.e. the far right of the page.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by CarbonTerry
                  Make sure that you send the background color to "Move to Back" after you right click on it.. That will put it behind all other elements on the page.
                  To set the page properties you will have to right click where there are no images, etc. i.e. the far right of the page.
                  I think you're talking about a background image, imported in BV by the user. Background color is not an object, it's a color set in the page html, so you ca't put in infront or in the back.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                    Major General

• Oct 2005

Uuuuh, yes, you are correct. Thanks for the clarification.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Working...
                    X