• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j&p04
    Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2005

naming in page properties

Hi, just curious, have read all the tutorials on naming pages and have got that bit right, I think! Is there any fast rule as to how you should name the page in page properties?

Jan
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: naming in page properties

Originally posted by j&p04
    Hi, just curious, have read all the tutorials on naming pages and have got that bit right, I think! Is there any fast rule as to how you should name the page in page properties?

Jan
    The page name in Page properties is the name that will appear on the upper(blue) bar of IE. It also is the name that BV will put in the page code as meta tag. So it is important that you name it with your stite name or your company name and the content , F.E. Navaldesign - Home, Navaldesign - Who We Are, Navaldesign - Services, and so on.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• j&p04
      Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2005

Do I write it like this?

www.myname.co.uk/bras

Sorry I sound dim I know......

Jan

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by j&p04
        Do I write it like this?

www.myname.co.uk/bras

Sorry I sound dim I know......

Jan
        Naming the page in name properties is done in plain english, as in my example above. SAVING the page is a totally different thing, you must save the pages with a descriptive name like index (for the homepage), products, or contact, or who_we_are, using lower case and _ (underscores) instead of spaces. Save the page, When you publish it will be uploaded to the site as .html
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• j&p04
          Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2005

Yes thanks, it was just naming it in page properties that I was wondering about but you have answered me perfectly, thank you again, you have been answering other things for me as well i.e. sitemaps, you are a star.

Jan

Comment

Working...
          X