X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pburgum
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Re: USing wrong navigation menu i think???

Well hopefully it won't happen the building its part of, a big 1960's sports complex has been given listed building status, butthey were trying to redo it minus rink.
    The Bombers are probably our most famous club haing played in the Premiership in the 80's 90's befoe the money became to great.
    Have got some descent pics on there page it should be the website.
    The rink somes up our town left to rot and decay, sandwiched between to big towns.
    Used to be the global headquarters of ici chemical industry, but its all going or gone.
    My event is a bit patriotic to the town, it might be **** but its ours attitude .lol
    Working through the changes and will keep updating online so you can view.
    One issue, i've posted the Flyer for our next event on there but i think that's maybe making it harder to workout best layout for template for all pages.
    Will put that stuff on the bottom as you mentioned, thinking of having a latest news page on every page, would love your thoughts.
    I'm a carpenter and short on work so utilises my time, trying to get loads done so don't have to worry to much when back working.

Many many Thanks
    PAul
    www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com/keeptrying

Comment

• pburgum
      Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Hi, Again
      I'm trying to put my latest on the pages so they are on every page is there a good way you can advise.
      Have had ago on my keeptrying page, want to put my flyer on as well. I just can't get it right. Is there some kind of scrolling box i could use on every page.
      Many Thanks
      Soo Many questions so few brain cells
      Paul
      www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com/keeptrying.html

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hey, nice information and will take a deeper look into those pics ...

in regards to your flyer, I see it on there, and that fits okay .. but if you ever have a flyer that doesn't - you could always make a nice image or text link to the flyer and then put the flyer on an independent page that pops up on its own window ...

I am sure your carpenter work will pick up in another month or so, so ontinue on with your website and you will have that done just in time for more work, lol ... all work eh!!

I agree, do whatever you can to save your heritage ... alot is lost when all is in a big town ... it's like highway twinning, making a transcanada highway bypassing the little towns, then the next thing you know it's a ghost town, a real shame imo.

Cheers again, and good luck .. will keep watching.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• pburgum
          Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Yea i agree about the towns
          HAve registered with the affiliates programme tried to attach a banner to my page, but when it loads it is still just text? Any Advice?
          Do you think the news down the right looks right like i've done it or have you got a better suggestion, i do have a news page on the menu, just wanted it like a news flash kinda thing.
          Thanks for all the tips, my girlfriend couldn't believe the webpage
          Would appreciate any further advice on this page, everything you have said so far is spot on.
          Many Thanks
          Paul
          www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com/keeptrying.html
          www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi I am not seeing the banner, but dependent what it is you have chosen as your affiliate banner, you would place the code into a html box on your page ... go to insert > advanced > html - drop that box on your page, double click and paste the code with your affiliate id inside ..

I think you have a great idea for the news down the page like that .. keep it current and it is something you can change as newer news becomes available. great thinking!!

Ah, am just noticing too, that when you mouse over your existing menu, you will see it spread out across the page a bit ... ummm, I personally am not a fan of that, it's okay,you do see some sites like that, but you might consider just the basic text menu like we talked about before ... then you wouldn't have this cosmetic appearance happening ... it's up to you .. but before you go further rethink that .. don't forget about your copyright notice, and as well some kind of address, even if it is just your town, and a possible telephone number too if that is relevant and not your own personal number.

You could add a border around the appearance of your header, you could easily do by applying a transparent shape the size of your header with a 2 or 3 pt border, kind of frames it in a bit...

And, don't forget to alt text your images, too, for each image double click and in alt text area, give a bit of info about the picture ...you can read more about that in Collector's tips ...

And about the news, you won't want that as part of your template, that will be a nice addition to your main page (index) ... otherwise you would constantly be changing all your pages - right, yes right lol

And then too, once you have the template set and begin to create your pages beginning with template and saving as the name of each page, you will want to click on page properties and properly title and give a page description of each page as you go along .. each page will be different ..

Slogans? Donations? - perhaps the addition of a paypal donation button, and this is something that could be on every page too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• pburgum
              Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Wow, Some great advice when i recover from rugby training. lol
              Will get to work on those points all make sense.
              Many Thanks
              Paul

Comment

• pburgum
                Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Hi,
                Tried putting the links in the html box like you said. Will i only see it when i upload to the net.???
                Also do i put all three banner codes in the one box?
                Cheers
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X