A form page question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A form page question

I still don't understand the process of form building. I tryed to build a form in an exsisting page and could not get it to publish what with the page needing to be an HTML and the form needing to be a PHP. Then i tryed to build a form page all on its own and still I can't get it to publish. (Eventhough it says successfully published) I notcied in the publishing window it says its a php but when it comes up as an error message it says can't find order-form.html. Can someone please help, and yes I have watched the tutorials.

wwwtravelingtoddlers.com

Re: A form page question

You can put a form on any page (even with other content) the only difference is that when you publish it, it will be a php (you can actually have all you pages be a php if you wanted) so the pages that you published with the form on them are probably there. Your form page is here.

By the way your address that you have in your post is missing the dot after the www so it does not work (might be a problem why you can't find your pages)
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Please also edit the menus, so that they are linked to the new (php) and not to the old (html) page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks guys. I could not find the page because my link was html I changed the link to php and there it was.
        Now I have the form page up but this spawns another set of questions, that the video's don't address (Unless it just me)
        If I add a combo box and set it for numbers 1-5, as a number of products in which to select from, and then add the description next to it using the text feature how are they then tied in. When the customer picks 2 highchairs and then hits submit, when i receive the form as an email how does it know to say 2 highchairs. We have several products so the customer may pick 1 stroller, 2 highchairs, 1 carseat and so on. I hope I'm making sense.
        As well my sucess page cannot be found by server. I checked to make sure it the same www.travelingtoddlers.com/success.html everywhere applicable and it is but it still dores not work. Help

www.travelingtoddlers.com

Comment

The way you have your form now, you will never be able to disern what they want. You should use a drop down menu for the user to chose the product (high chairs for example), lable it as products, then another drop down as quanity. All your fields should be labled as to what they represent so you know what they are when you get the email.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks I wanted to write back to tell you that I had figured that out. What my concern is now is that I can't get the the success page to appear after I fill out the form and hit the submit button.
            PS The form sends successfully to my email address.
            www.travelingtoddlers.com

Comment

Working...
            X