Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing

I'm back and frustrated
    I paid for VodaHost and tried to publish my pages and incurred the following problems:

1. I kept the default Server IP of 208.43.222.130
    Should I change it? I see by instruction (see below) to change the server IP address to ensure that you are publishing to the right server. I don't know what the right server IP is. How do I find that out? What is a Server IP?

2. I entered my username and password the same as I do to login to this forum. I see by instructions to enter my "cPanel" username and password. What the heck is a "cPanel" and where do I find that?

To publish your BlueVoda website:

1) Click the publish button on the upper toolbar (or file > publish)
    2) Change the server IP address to ensure that you are publishing
    to the right server.
    3) Enter your cPanel username.
    4) Enter your cPanel password.
    5) In the folder field leave the public_html.
    6) Hit publish.

Below is a tutorial video on publishing:

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt3/custom_bluevodasound_publish.htm

Re: publishing

Hi, your ip number will have been given to you in your welcome email, along with user name & password.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Welcome e-mail? I received a "VodaHost Signup Receipt - Thank You" e-mail. Is that what you are referring to? That e-mail listed a "VBS username and password" I tried those too and they didn't work for publishing my pages. I think it's supposed to be a "cPanel username and password". I don't know if that's the same as my "logging in" username and passwword but I am assuming so at this time (am I correct?) Entering those doesn't work eithr when trying to publish.
      As for an "IP number", under Main Package information and "dedicated IP Address:" it reads "no".
      Is this what you are referring to or should I be expecting a different "Welcome email"? If so, is there a delay in receiving it? I haven't received any other e-mails.

Comment

No thats just a confirmation receipt that you purchased an account, you will receive another with all your login details. Be sure to check your spam folder in your email also as sometimes it ends up there too.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
        X